guidlines for dress and grooming as laid out by CO

by bluebeads 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

fullofdoubtnow said,

He was privately counselled that he wouldn't be giving any talks, and instructed not to go in the fs, until he removed it.

I wish my Elders had said the same to me. That would have been the ticket I needed to stay active and not give a damn. 10 years ago when I first grew my beard, I had it documented by my doctor that I had psoriasis on my chin and around my eyebrows. Growing the beard helped keep the flareups to a minimum. They hated the beard, but didn't do much else to me. I was still allowed to give ministry school talks, but they told me I could not be appointed to anything.

4 years later, I quit going because I got tired of Elders constantly asking if I could shave off the beard. That and I started learning more about how they are just a boys club.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This idiot CO is the bane of the WTS, the kind of man that makes an oppressive organization so much more oppressive.

The body of elders I served with would have totally called him on this, and counseled him about it. This is so way out of line.

S4

• twinflame
    twinflame

In the 70's my husband was pulled aside and told the reason he wasn't appointed MS was because of his sideburns. He shaved them off and got appointed. Then he was counseled on the wonderful polyester pants and jackets he had in every color. They were too casual to wear on the platform. Years later, he was counseled for his sons wearing brightly colored jackets and pants that were in style. It's always been one thing after another. I wish they'd tell him he had to shave his mustasche. Maybe THEN he'd see the control issue for what it really is.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    ... kept reading and re-reading the entire paragraph to get the context. The context was opposite of what he was telling us...

A scene repeated often in Kingdom Halls across the land.

• sspo
    sspo

Why is it that so many of us that were elders just went along and were part of the problem........ when looking back it's insane some of the silly things we were enforcing.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They seem quite obssessed with dress codes.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit