Bethel meals

by Alligator Wisdom 43 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I ate at Bethel almost everyday for 2 1/2 yrs and usually the food wasnt bad. Certain things were undersireable such as nutricorn they called it. I was a newboy and my roommate urged me to eat it, said it was so good. I filled my bowl and it tasted like corn flavored cardboard no joke. Of course being the spritual nerd that I was I ate it for fear of wasting Jah's provisions. Someone told me later it was the same stuff they fed the pigs up at Walkill. Never found out if that were true or not but they did stop serving it while I was there.

As for the jumping of our seats to pray thing its true...really does seem cultish now.

• chiddy
    chiddy

An elder mate of mine who was a bethel boy in the uk, said sunday nights were the most popular of the week because they always served chips. Another old fella in our cong could not pronounce Bethel but called it Bethnal instead so we all called it that among our group.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great stories.

Bangalore

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

We ate at bethel a number of times and stayed in a guest room as well when visiting the then wifes sister and husband.

The regimentation of mealtimes was a little strange at first but overall we figured that this was a 'well oiled spiritual machine'. We were pretty keen to become bethelites.

I remember the tables having a pecking order, which meant that by the time it got to the end of the line the pickings could be slim, and if you were in the middle you felt like you shouldn't fill your plate lest you look like a pig!

I have the impression that the sisiters were glad to not have to cook.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit