WERE THERE ANY BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS IN YOUR COMGREGATION?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

An elder got disfellowshipped a few years ago -that was abig announcement - care to clarify?

• badboy
    badboy

Anything that might constructed as being a big announcement!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Bro. Ian Hinze is no longer a ministerial servant!

Followed by a marking talk on my family!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The last one that matterred to me was in November last year:

"Linda Thompson is no longer one of jehovah'e witnesses"

I wasn't there to hear it, but I know they made it.

• mama1119
    mama1119

We had two Annointed people( one was elser, other was a pioneer) got DF for having a several year long affair.

We had two pioneers that got DF because they were knockin boots out in service and she got pregnant. I found that one to be a liitle shocking because they were EXTREMELY young, (girl in early teens, I think 13 or 14) and he was 18. He was charged with statuatory rape. Then she got reinstated and DF immediately again for getting pregnant by some traveling pioneer that stayed with the famil for a couple weeks.

Rachel had been disfellwshipped was a good one, my personal favorite.

• Warlock
    Warlock

In the Comgregation, no. In the Congregation, yes.

Warlock

• Nowman
    Nowman

Well, back in 1990, this kid murdered his parents at our hall. Dad was our bookstudy conductor, and both mom and dad were friends with my parents. I have mentioned this on the board before, my parents found the bodies, they lived 2 blocks from us. Anyway, I thought it was interesting, on the Tuesday following the funeral, an elder announced that Willie such and such has been disfellowshipped, I remember thinking, DUH!

Nikki

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "they were knockin boots out in service and she got pregnant"How the heck did that happen? That must have been one long boot strap!

• mama1119
    mama1119

I guess they had this "study" together, and they would go to it after morning service during the week, apparently it was okay for them to be alone because thet were pioineers and not dating, plus most often, during midweek service, no one ever met except pioneers and it went unnoticed. I believe the study was fake and they would go up int othe mountains (rural service is the best). Sounds romantic doesn't it!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit