Best wrong number ever!

by Nosferatu 29 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I had a call last month from a child who screamed at me "I saw you kick my dog!"
    "Yeah we saw you!" another voice behind the caller screamed.

They were seriously upset children so I didnt fool with them but calmly informed them they had misdialed and called the wrong number.

Poor things.

• anewme
    anewme

Also when I first moved to this place I received many phone calls to an "Anna Sorrento" from a bill collector. After 10 of these I finally picked up the phone to inform him that nobody by that name lived here. The phone calls stopped.

• minimus
    minimus

I was regularly called for more than a month at my work for an "Amelia Rodriguez". The same bill collectors would call twice a day---even after I told them that my number was that of a business. Finally, I got this smart ass that figured out that I must be Amelia Rodriguez' husband. I told him that he finally, got me, changed my voice instantly to a Puerto Rican accent and continued agreeing with him with everything he asserted. Finally after about 5 minutes, I asked in my normal voice, "Are YOU STUPID? You are the STUPIDEST person that I think I've ever talked to. If you keep calling me and harrassing me, I WILL call the authorities on you, do you understand??" He quickly hung up and I never heard from him again.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That was funny, Nos!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

One time I called Information to get a number on an old boyfriend. It was a very nice man's voice that answered the other end. I said "I'm looking for the number of ____ ______." He looked it up and couldn't find it. I said "That scumbag! He moved so his creditors couldn't find him!" He asked me about it, and I told him the whole story. I ended up making a date with him at a club that night, but then never went. I know that was rude, but I was quite scared that he might have been a serial killer operator!

CG

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I once had a woman call me at 3 in the morning, waking me from a sound sleep, and screaming in my ear that she was "gonna get" me for "@#$%ing" her husband. She claimed to have found my number in his pocket.

I started laughing.

She said, "What's so funny?"

I said, "Well, I'm a forty-year-old, overweight lesbian. Do you really think he's doing me?"

She stopped, and said, "What number is this?"

I said, "What number are you trying to call?"

It wasn't mine.

Though I do feel sorry for the next woman she woke up.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

A friend of mine used to call my cell phone all the time, but always transposed 2 of the numbers and called some guy by accident. It happened so often that she and this guy were practically on a first name basis.

Well, this guy's girlfriend was with him once when my friend called him accidentally (trying to reach me...), and the girlfriend didn't appreciate it at all! The guy finally called MY number to prove to his girlfriend that he wasn't cheating on her and that there really was a woman with almost the same cell phone number as him and that my friend is numerically challenged and not hitting on him...

And to answer the obvious question of why my friend didn't just program my number into her phone... she's technically challenged, too. She finally gave the phone to my teenage kids and let them program her numbers in for her....

GGG

• Warlock
    Warlock

We used to live in a downstairs apartment and the people above us were "coyotes", namely they smuggled people into the U.S. from Mexico. There were people walking around upstairs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We could hardly sleep. They got our phone number and would crank call us every once in a while. The landlord did nothing, the authorities did nothing, so we finally had to move.

After we moved, they continued to crank call us, so here is what I did. At that time I had access to an almost unlimited set of pager numbers, so I paged about 50 different pagers and put their phone number in each one. About 2 hours after I did this, they called us one last time and slammed their phone down in my wife's ear and they haven't called since.

Don't mess with Warlock

Warlock

• rebel8
    rebel8

lol For a while I was getting calls for a minister who had a similar name to mine, all messages left on my answering machine. A few times, the XXX store left messages asking him to call them. After that, they just said, "Well Mr. ------, I didn't want to leave this on your answering machine, but since you haven't called me back, I have no choice. Remember you special ordered 10 videos and gave us a deposit? Well, your order is in and we need you to come in to pick them up and pay the balance."

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I had a prostitute call me one night at about 2am she didn't ask for anyone just started in with "the police just arrested me and jenny down on ___ and ___ I need you to come bail me out" I was like "pardon me?"

There was this LONG pause then she said "tony?" I said "Nope, Mark" she said "Oh my GOD I am so embarrassed" and hung up... The wife and I still laugh about that one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit