Best wrong number ever!

by Nosferatu 29 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

Go buy a solo Clarinet CD, call Ms. Kruch, place the receiver on the stereo speaker, turn up the volume and shout "Hi Ms. Kruch, its Alneau! Any messages for me?"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Go buy a solo Clarinet CD

LOL! Actually, I think I have a tape of me somewhere playing the Clarinet. Unfortunately, I didn't keep Mrs. Kruch's number, but I'm sure she'll phone again.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The "girls" in my department used to work overtime a lot for a life insurance company. The receptionist would leave at 4:30. So, whoever was working late would just grab the phone. Our office number was one digit off from the local pizza hut. So we constantly got phone calls after 4pm for pizza. Even though we answered the phone with the words **** **** Life Insurance Co, the callers would still ask, "Is this pizza hut?" to which we always replied, "why yes it is, may I take your order? Would you like extra cheese? Any sodas? etc. Is that for pickup or delivery? What's your address?" Then when we had got all the details, which we didn't write down by the way, we would hang up and let them wait for their non-existent pizza to be delivered! Mean, but very funny, we thought.

Cog

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

candidlynuts:

Pizza Hut! will this be carry out or delivery?"
    click!

And cognizant dissident:

Even though we answered the phone with the words **** **** Life Insurance Co, the callers would still ask, "Is this pizza hut?" to which we always replied, "why yes it is,

Turn the tables.

There was a Calvin and Hobbes strip where the little tyke answers the phone. It's a wrong number, but he says, "Yes, I'd like to order a pizza."

gently feral

• parakeet
    parakeet

Shortly after I moved into a small college town, I started getting calls from college-age kids asking for someone named Chris. I told them they had the wrong number. But the calls persisted over the next few months. Every few days I'd get a call from various kids asking for Chris.
    It finally dawned on me that they were misdialing the local code--there are two for my town. So I dialed the other local code but used the last four numbers of my phone number. I asked for Chris, and sure enough he came to the phone.
    I explained what was happened and asked him to tell his friends to use the correct local code from then on. Problem solved.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL at Midget.

Back in the old days when telemarketers could call freely, I would tell them my husband had just run off with another women, I had not job and all these kids to feed

My favorite was asking if they could wait for the first of the month, as I was broke and waiting for my next welfare check. Oh but I do have S&H green Stamps in the meantime to use as 'collateral.'

Lisa

• badboy
    badboy

I received several calls ,the lady thought she was calling a number in a different town!

When I told her, she realized she had called wrong number.

• Robdar
    Robdar

My call wasn't a wrong number but a prank call. One Saturday night about 1:30 am (before caller ID), I had a guy call and tell me he wanted me to sit on his face. I replied with a hardy "thank you!"

My response surprised him and I started laughing. He started laughing too and then apologized to me and said he hoped he hadn't woke me up. We talked for about 15 minutes. Occasionally he would call me to see how I was doing. When I moved from that city, the phone calls stopped, of course.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

At one place I lived at, I used to receive a lot of calls asking for 'Jason'. Most of the people who called sounded like yobbos, and were fairly insistent that they had the right number, because they'd looked it up in the telephone directory (well "phone book" anyway).

Sure enough, in the directory was another entry with the initial J and the same surname as me (though not related or known to me), and in the same suburbs, so I was able to eventually put a stop to it.

• aniron
    aniron

One afternoon last week I kept getting some woman asking for "Judith" I kept telling her wrong number, she said sorry each time.

Later on there was an answerphone message, same woman shouting "Judith, if you don't call me theres going to be trouble"

I've been wondering ever since what happened to Judith.

The funniest wrong number I had was:

Hello

Is Simon there?

Sorry you must have wrong number no one here that name

Why did you answer the phone then?

me speechless, puts phone down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit