How do you get over a crush?

by lonelysheep 40 Replies latest social relationships

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Keeping busy is good. I inevitably find out later how blessed I am not to have acted on it. They almost ALWAYS turn out to be someone that would absolutely drive you bonkers if partnered with (in my experience). I don't know how many times I have been reminded that NO is also an answer to your prayer.

Sherry

• anewme
    anewme

Lonely Sheep, I suffered crush after crush all my life. So much so that it became a way of life or a way of love for me. I even nurtured the crushes because they were all I had. I loved and cherished men in my heart for years. I dreamed of them and me. I fantasized a relationship and times together. I held dear the thought of a future with each of these men.

It wasnt until I finally found a real love, a man who returned the deep strong feelings of desire and committment that I now see the difference between the way men act around a woman they love and one they dont.

We women should not waste our time cherishing men who dont love us fiercly. There are good handsome warm loving men out there who will treat us like precious gold in return for our love. Why chase after men who "just arent into us"?

Knowledge such as the books recommended to you share are very helpful in getting over a crush.

Best wishes,

Anewme

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Concentrate on the negative aspects of the person.

That's what I did and it eventually worked. But I think I overdid it. Now I hate everybody.

W

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Does this person know the way you feel about them...and have you discussed it?

No. I can't...it's someone from work.

On another note,

Anewme--this is sad to admit, but I don't know how men act around a woman they really do love.

Now I hate everybody.
    You're too much!
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Does this person know the way you feel about them...and have you discussed it?

On another note,

Anewme--this is sad to admit, but I don't know how men act around a woman they really do love.

Now I hate everybody.
    You're too much!
  • jgnat
    jgnat

They pull their pigtails and tease them mercilessly, generally acting like idiots. At least that is my experience from grade school.

• JH
    JH
    How do you get over a crush?

You'll get over me, don't worry

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Good call then.

DB74

• minimus
    minimus

Lonelysheep, don't feel bad. I have that effect on everyone.

• lesterd
    lesterd

You can't...you move on and learn from the lesson. If the felling of the heart were that easy to turn off and on, like love...youd make a great JW.

But really, its a matter of who broke up with who and why, its the old thin line betwwen love and hate. When your hurt, betrayed then the fellings do away a little faster. Try focusing on all the negitive in the relationship, that might help.

Find someone new

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit