Do you believe Jesus was married?

by gaiagirl 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I am not really sure he ever existed as described by the christains. All we have are some written notes by those who believed he was a god.

Ken P.

• Warlock
    Warlock

NO.

Warlock

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think Jesus was a collection of several stories, added with highlights customer to the myths of the day and turned into a religion.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I agree with free2beme. I am interested in finding out more information about whether "jesus" even existed, or if something I have read concerning early manuscripts is true, i.e. that Jesus' sermon on the mount is actually something recorded from hundreds of years before the first century. If I can find some research on that, I'll be better able to decide whether I think Jesus is a myth or if he's just a person that religious leaders decided to use to create a mythological spiritual leader. I don't know. Whether this guy was married or not, I don't know, but at this point I wonder if he was ever even real.

• Arthur
    Arthur

No. I think that the Da Vinci Code was a really neat book, but I am confident that the theories are based upon historical fiction. I think it is similar to many other historical fictions; such as King David slaying Goliath, and the story of George Washington chopping down his father's cherry tree.

• James Free
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

No, I think if he had, it would have made history, and not hidden, cryptic history. And if women were such a big powerful part of it NO WAY would it be secret. We definitely take credit where due!

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

NO!! For the reasons that have been already quoted above.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I think Jesus was a collection of several stories, added with highlights customer to the myths of the day and turned into a religion.

I tend to agree with this. It is a bit "too good to be true" IMO this Jesus saves thing. I just think people needed a leader a hope a good thing to help them through everything. So with all the tales and beliefs brought to the table, Jesus was a result. I think if he did exist and died it was maybe a "hero" thing that was done. There have been many people killed in such manner protesting whatever cause they needed to as they were tortured to death. I am trying to think of a name of one that is in my head right now. It is not coming to me.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't particularly believe in the Jesus stories anyway, but I never read one about him getting married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit