No Big News---Really

by zack 10 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

Hi,

I have been reading about all the Big News. Sorry to disappoint, but I do not know of any and I would know if there were some.

I know the tract campaign for Oct. but that's all as far as any news the reg. pubs. have gotten yet.

As for needing contact info, the new policy post-Katrina is that all BSO's have an updated list of publishers, their numbers, cell

numbers, work numbers, etc. These are to be transmitted to the Sec. who will then compile a Master list for all Elders. In the event of

a "natural disaster" the BSO is supposed to make contact with EVERYONE is his book study, make sure they have at least 5 days rations of food

and water, and if they are evacuating then the contact info of any relatives/friends/hotels, etc. He needs to do all this BEFORE taking stock

of his own situation.

Zack---

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I have been reading about all the Big News. Sorry to disappoint, but I do not know of any and I would know if there were some

No sense of disappointment here. I doubt it would be big anyway to anyone other than a jw. It wouldn't cause much of a ripple on tthe surface to the rest of the world at large.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Zack!

It will be interesting to see how the WTBTS progresses, or doesn't in the next few years as its finances begin to suffer.

Thanks for the info!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Zack, thanks for sharing.

He needs to do all this BEFORE taking stock of his own situation.

Somehow I don't see that happening.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

How Freaky. It is scary to think that soon the WTS will have all the personal contact details of every single JW in the world.

What incredible micromanagement. Now the WTS is telling the members to have 5 days food, is this the new Mormon Armageddon pantry?

• garybuss
    garybuss

So, how many dollars do you think the Society spent to tell the Witness people to buy water?

:-)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"It is scary to think that soon the WTS will have all the personal contact details of every single JW in the world."

In my congregation, we had everyone's phone number 30 years ago. This is absolutely nothing new, except a little more organized.

S4

• carla
    carla

You mean they will help little ole'me out too? or will they only supply enough food and water for the ONE jw in my household?

• delilah
    delilah

Hahahahaha.....and here some were thinking that the end was nigh......I wasn't disappointed, Zach, but thanks for the info......*Dee sighs, I can sleep tonight...*) LOL.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    In the event of

a "natural disaster" the BSO is supposed to make contact with EVERYONE is his book study, make sure they have at least 5 days rations of food

and water, and if they are evacuating then the contact info of any relatives/friends/hotels, etc. He needs to do all this BEFORE taking stock

of his own situation.

They can't even do that now.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit