We don't pass the plate, we just demand the $$

by lost_light06 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• proplog2
    proplog2

Tophat:

I am sure they find a use for every penny just like you do.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm sure they find a use for it too..but who knows what use that is? there is no accountability and no auditing to show members what is going where.

the australian and canadian financial reports were not reassuring that the monies are spent wisely.

what was the amount for real charity in australia? just over 1,000 bux out of millions!

the rest having been sent to headquarters in the usa..where NO public accountability is required.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The first time I heard such a talk I was enraged. The PO gave the talk, and said we were being "assessed" a certain dollar amount per publisher™ per month. They have no right to make any such "assessment". As usual, I abstained from voting for the "resolution" and, as usual, I contributed nothing.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    We don't pass the plate, we just demand the $$

This is because it costs more to move a plate from person to person whereas it costs less to have the people move past a stationary plate contribution box..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This is because it costs more to move a plate from person to person whereas it costs less to have the people move past a stationary plate contribution box..

Also, the contribution boxes are much larger than collection plates, and passing them around could result in injury to someone. It's much easier to place them in strategic locations.

I wonder why the contribution boxes are so much larger than collection plates, especially considering the attendance at a kingdom hall is usually much lower than in a church.

Asking for money is asking for money, regardless of the method used in doing so, and as long as JWs think it's ok to fill their facilities with donation boxes and to browbeat publishers™ from the platform, then maybe they should keep their mouths shut about the collection plates of other religions.

W

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Proclaimers" chap. 21 p. 340 How Is It All Financed? ***
    As early as the second issue of the Watch Tower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: "‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication." Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    What is true of their literature is also true of their meetings. There are no emotional appeals for funds in their congregations or at their conventions. No collection plates are passed; no envelopes in which to put money are distributed; no letters of solicitation are sent to congregation members. Congregations never resort to bingo or raffles to raise funds. As early as 1894, when the Watch Tower Society sent out traveling speakers, it published this notice for the benefit of everyone: "Let it be understood from the first that collections or other solicitations of money are neither authorized nor approved by this Society."
  • TopHat
    TopHat

Fire the CO and DO...they are a financal burden on the publishers...who needs them! What good are they anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit