Concerning Watchtower Cash and Possible Changes

by metatron 58 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think yer on the right track. I look for Awake! to go away and I look for Watchtower to go to once a month production and it will be sold to publishers. They don't need "service" any more. They have more members now than "service" used to contact by far. Now they have to learn how to milk the cow that's in the barn.
    They have a loyal captive market. They just aren't treating the captive market in a pragmatic way involving produced literature. They milk that cow for all she's worth at conventions. They do fine there. Food won't be coming back though. This way is too easy. They like it.
    They are doing fine in the real estate speculation and construction. I look for expansions in the construction, reconstruction, and property insurance business. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them actually insuring member's homes. They understand the insurance business. They've been in that business for years. They already have the loss/repair estimators in place and they have the repair contractors employed by them and available to do the rebuilding work. They will not insure private property in hazardous areas, only in minimum risk areas.
    They are a three division company and two out of three divisions are working fine. The largest division is the one hemorrhaging and that HAS to be fixed and soon. This'll be fun to watch.

• juni
    juni

Heh Gary!

What kind of scriptural spin would they put on this if your ideas are true? You know they have to do that in order to maintain their religious "front".

Juni

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

This was a very informative and educational posting. In all honesty, one of the best that I have seen on this board up to date.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Juni, You and I have seen the Society's dismissal of the fundamental reasons for being a Witness without any real backlash at all from the Witness people majority. We were told we were going in service in order to "vindicate Jehovah's name" then they changed that without problems.
    We were told the end is near and the generation who saw 1914 would not die, then they changed that without problem. We were told we wouldn't go to high school or have families before Armageddon and here we are, still no problem.
    I think they're bullet proof. They have a Teflon coating, nothing sticks. They changed the alternative service rule with impunity. They allowed blood fraction medical treatment, and flip flopped on transplants, all without a problem.
    I think they can do anything they want and get away with it. They don't offer any reasons for changing a rule now. They just say yesterday's sin is not today's sin and if you don't like it don't murmur.
    I might be wrong. What do you think?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Great post metatron!
    I agree that this is more than likely the way they are going. There is no way that any kind of doctrine is going to be changed in the near future. I can see what they have been doing for quite some time. They are making a shift in the way this operation functions. I think no more Brooklyn Bethel as we know it is what these guys are moving towards. All the printing will go to their other facilities, and Brooklyn will just be the 'spiritual' center for the GB hang out and pretend that Jesus is approving the distribution of their boaring and watered down books.
    They have made some big cuts and it seems to be working in their favor. The adverage JW dosn't have a clue. They think that this is 'Jehovahs Chariot blazing full speed ahead'. Most everybody I heard talk about the stuff you mentioned think that it is because they have a 'heads up' that the end is near.
    This 'big news' if there is any has got to do with the $$$ situation, hands down.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Watchtower must use the same Public Relations firm Bill Clinton used when it comes to making changes like Gary Buss described.

"It depends on what your definition of "IS," is..."

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

What did I miss re they got rid of half the awakes?

• sspo
    sspo

Gary

You are right, they can make any changes they want and it will not shock the rank and file because they are so obedient and feel that the society can do no wrong and being used by God.

Also the rank and file are so busy with life and meetings and study for them and service and trying to stay faithful to the organization that anytime there is a change, such as voting, blood issue, prophecies not being fulfilled,on and on, they do not stop and think what's going on, they truly follow blindly.

Many of us have family members in the organ. and it seems they have lost completely their thinking ability and have given their life not to God but to those in Brooklyn N.Y.

• sspo
    sspo

Metatron

Very good posting, putting it all together.

I hear they have approx. 40 buildings in Brooklyn, even if they don't pay property tax on them, it must cost a fortune just for maintenance even if labor is free, they still have to heat them up in winter and a/c in summer, food and salaries for the workers and many other expenses.

If contributions are down,lawsuits are up,no wonder they have to make drastic changes to save money.

Well, Jehovah will provide, besides the end is just around the corner why worry about it.

• Mary
    Mary
    As to other matters, I think they see the internet as a minor irritation

While I agree with your statements that getting rid of the Food Services and payment for literature was a huge financial mistake for the Borg, I don't agree that they view the internet as a "minor irritation". It's by means of the internet that their false doctrines, the UN scandal, the pedophile problem and everything else, has been exposed. I think they view it as a major problem. If they didn't, there wouldn't be the constant "reminders" warning everyone about the "dangers of the internet".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit