NEW LIGHT ALERT! TARGET 2015 END TIMES! EVE WAS CREATED 40 YEARS AFTER ADAM! THE END IS NEAR!

by Trailer Park Pioneer 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

From the most reliable investigations of Bible chronology, (...) we find that Adam was created in the autumn of the year 4026 B.C.E. Sometime in that same year Eve could well have been created, directly after which God's rest day commenced. In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of God's rest day come to an end? The year 1975. (Awake! October 8, 1966, p. 19)

-----

CT Russell used exactly the same reasoning to conclude that the sixth milennium from Adam's creation ended in... wait. for. it....1872:

"In this chapter we present the Bible evidence which indicates that six thousand years from the creation of Adam were complete with A.D. 1872; and hence that, since A.D. 1872 are chronologically entered upon the seventh thousand or the Millennium." (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 33, 1889)

No wait, er... 1874: 

"Here we furnish the evidence that from the creation of Adam to (but not including) A.D. 1873 was six thousand years. (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 39. 1889)

Yes, DEFINITELY 1874. 

Enter: Fred Franz-

"According to this trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E Six thousand years of man's existence on earth will soon be up, yea within this generation. The rein of Christ...to run parallel with the 7th millennium ..." (Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, p. 29-30)

Stupid is as stupid does. 

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Scares me that I used to believe crap like this.

Make me ANGRY!

Cannot believe I was so freaking STUPID to buy into all this sh!t!!!

What a dumbass!

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

... the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975

P.S. I forgot to add:

The Fredster had this nailed down even more specifically to September the 5th at sundown, 1975.

I guess Freddie firmly believed in being super-duper wrong rather than laughably wrong. 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "I guess Freddie firmly believed in being super-duper wrong rather than laughably wrong."

Yeah; say what you will, but the guy never did anything half-assed.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Vidiot: Yeah; say what you will, but the guy never did anything half-assed. 

He seemed to have no problem diving headfirst into an unfamiliar creek... despite the fact it obviously had no water in it.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit