NEW LIGHT ALERT! TARGET 2015 END TIMES! EVE WAS CREATED 40 YEARS AFTER ADAM! THE END IS NEAR!

by Trailer Park Pioneer 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Muddy:

on why 40 years - well, in some of the WT publications, mention is made that 40 years seems to be a biblical precedent for maturity (spiritual maturity) and development.

Actually, 30 years was considered important for maturity. Jesus was 30 when he supposedly began preaching and was based on the Hebrew standard. 40 years was considered "a generation" for those 30 and over to finally die off and be replaced by the next generation.

I was in bethel in 2005. A gilead student explained to me about the 1975 + 30 year speculation. While they considered it "interesting" or maybe even "important", they didn't give it much cred since all the UN and false religion destruction fulfillment would take years and 2005 was already underway.

But the difference between 30 and 40 years doesn't amount to a pile of crap because big A isn't coming in 2015 either.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Ask yourself "Exactly WHAT is this trying to tell us?"

From the most reliable investigations of Bible chronology, (...) we find that Adam was created in the autumn of the year 4026 B.C.E. Sometime in that same year Eve could well have been created, directly after which God's rest day commenced. In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of God's rest day come to an end? The year 1975. (Awake! October 8, 1966, p. 19);

Since it was also Jehovah‟s purpose for man to multiply and fill the earth, it is logical that he would create Eve soon after Adam, perhaps just a few weeks or months later in the same year, 4026 B.C.E. After her creation, God‟s rest day, the seventh period, immediately followed. (The Watchtower May 1, 1968, p. 271);

Eve‟s creation was quickly accomplished, „while Adam was sleeping.‟ (Gen. 2:21) (The Watchtower August 15, 1968, p. 500);

According to reliable Bible chronology, Adam and Eve were created in 4026 B.C.E. (Awake! October 8, 1968, p. 14). See also The Watchtower July 15, 1967, p. 446.

Is it not clear? Going IN and TOWARD 1975, Freddy Franz wanted to stack the conjectures up IN FAVOR of

his predictions.

What happened when 1975 failed?

Compare now these statements to the above.

How much time elapsed between the creation of the man and that of the woman? The Bible does not reveal this. (The Watchtower July 15, 1976, p. 436);

What, then, does this mean? Simply this: That these factors, and the possibilities for which they allow, prevent us from saying with any positiveness how much time elapsed between Adam‟s creation and that of the first woman. We do not know whether it was a brief time such as a month or a few months, a year or even more. (The Watchtower July 15, 1976, p. 437).

That is a laugh!  They certainly were NOT prevented from saying with 'positiveness.'  What a wacky word!

What do we learn from this?

The BASIS for making bold statements about dates--in the mind of millions of JW's is what?

The Governing Body is SUPPOSED to be CHANNELING 'Truth' by Jehovah's holy spirit. Right?

The GB seem to believe this nonsense themselves right up and until it FLOPS!

Suddenly they pretend nobody should jump to conclusion because the Bible doesn't SAY blah blah blah.

HOW COULD THEY HAVE MISSED IT?

• Ding
    Ding
    Don't you love the way they can motivate people by setting dates and then say they never really said it?
  • Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Long before 1966...I think it was late 50's, I asked a CO about 4026 and the 6,000 years.  I asked if that wouldn't mean Armageddon would be over by 1975 and the 1000 year reign would begin.  He replied that we didn't know how long between Adam's creation and Eve's.  I thought that made sense, but Freddie decided to clarify things in 1966 with his idea that Adam could hardly wait until he had a mate.
  • shopaholic
    shopaholic

When JWs get to rambling on about their Armageddon timeline theories, I simply remind them that no one knows the day or time not even the Son. Speculations are pointless. On the other hand if you happen to be a scientist and your cousin is an archeologist, I might listen to what you have to say.

The real reason they continually try to figure it out "the day and time" is they want to be right so badly about their beliefs because deep down inside many of them know they've been duped.

• Splash
    Splash

I really hope this gains traction.

What a perfect opportunity to resurrect all those ridiculous 1975 prophecies.

Splash

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Hmmm ... So Jesus (God's master worker) made all of the animals on earth in pairs so they could reproduce, yet, he made Adam, gave him all of the components necessary to procreate with a female of his species but forgot to make one for him.  All of a sudden ... forty years later ... Jesus notices, hey, I forgot to give Adam a wife so he rectifies his shortcoming by building a woman from one of Adam's ribs, and finally the last creative day is complete.

Do you suppose Adam got a little turned on watching the other mammals doing it?  Did he wake up with morning wood for 40 years without wondering why or maybe asking God about it?

Scares me that I used to believe crap like this.

• Listener
    Listener

As usual there are several crazy reasonings on this idea.

It doesn't matter how many years passed between the creation of Adam and of Eve.  In their theory they think Eve must have been created at the very end of the 6th day but the bible doesn't say this.

Another point is that the idea is based on each creative day as being 7.000 years long and they no longer teach this. 

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Eve's Creation is one of those mysteries used to keep the witnesses agitated, speculators since 1975 have used oral tradition, counting of animal species (Adam had work to do, naming the animals taking time) and working on the Garden of Eden before he proved his worth to God.  With JWs everyone's got to prove their worth before God does something good for them, before books like "The Bible Code" older witnesses twisted verses for Eve's creation to align with 80 years past 1914 (Super Might Generation) to salvage 1975 and 1914 from the trash heap.

A great number of Witnesses are in financial trouble due to their wreck-less spending and unwilling attitude to get a job or jobs to support lifestyles they can't maintain.  This has people near financial ruin spreading rumors Eve's Creation was Forty Years (Forth Years in the Wilderness) and Jehovah lead us through the Red Sea in 1975 and faithlessness on the part of materialistic and greedy witnesses unwilling to part with their riches and give Jehovah's Organization their all, has us stuck in the Sinai Desert until the older doubters die off in the Worldly Wilderness.  

Cult thinking creeps me out, their going to do something weird because I know people working on projects and the attitude is depressed, the Governing Body no longer believe we are in the End-Times and that's why they liquidated their assets want no part of some terrorist attack on the Big City.  Watchtower is building bunkers of safety for their Elite, watch and see!

"t's not strictly true to say that they didn't factor in Eve's creation in their 1975 prediction.  They did, and concluded that it was only a matter of months after Adam's creation that Eve was created.  Or I should say, Freddie Franze concluded that, most of the rest of the writing department back then were much more cautious, but Freddie ruled the roost in such matters so his view prevailed.  Until it all failed of course"

The views on Eve's Creation are varied, the minimum time theorized by the Watchtower speculators was twenty years, at one of the conventions they were firm about Eve not being created for a long time so Adam could learn to trust on Jehovah.  If humans lived 900+ years it's not hard think Adam had lots of work and other meaningful tasks set before him.  They failed in prophecy but kept the "Eve's Creation" trump card available to keep witnesses agitated.  Eve's creation after a few months is hard to imagine, most Watchtower trained Bible Scholars thought the "oral tradition" left Eve's birth twenty to one hundred years after Adam's creation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

shopaholic - "The real reason they continually try to figure it out 'the day and time' is they want to be right so badly about their beliefs..."

Nailed it.

shopaholic - "...because deep down inside many of them know they've been duped."

Or they're so damn tired of "This Old System", or they're getting old and are scared of dying, or the prospect of having dedicated their lives to a failed ideology is too painful to bear...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit