My husband is smoking pot

by jurs 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I agree with you Pierced. Someone under the influence of ANY drug should not be responsible for children. We are in total agreement there. All I'm saying is that a broad generalisation should not be made on the extreme bad reactions of a few.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Sorry Naeblis,

Can you tell I'm an oldest child?

This just brings back some bad memories for me. I don't mean to jump to assumptions.

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before." Mae West

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Jurs, I find it so amazing some women on this board would rather see you raise your kids alone. If your husband is acting better and being responsible and trying to make things better around home and giving you attention then you need to give him credit for that. The pot may be helping him to cope with whatever he is dealing with within. Many people come out of good homes where vices were practiced. Some of you come from homes where alcohol and cigarettes were used and you consider your parents good.

Jurs, if you are a control freak then it's you who is part of the problem at home. Shit if he is able to smoke pot once in a while that should not be a problem but if he changes for the worse then you may have a point. He may be a person who is not suitable for family life, which has little to do with pot or alcohol it is who he is within. As long as he is a responsible family man then you aint got shit to say and being a good responsible man does not mean that he does whatever the hell you want him to do. You are not his ruler when you become his ruler then you don’t have a man anyway.

If you are looking for an excuse to leave him then you need to clarify the real reasons you want to. Pot smoking can be abused like eating food. There are more people killing themselves with FOLKS and SPOONS than pot.

Don’t buy into the hype. Judge your husband by his acts toward you and kids. When the first thing out of someone’s mouth is to leave your husband or to get other people involved in your marriage then they are HOME WRECKERS! I bet they don’t have a man.

Spartacus

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think the jury still may be out as to whether or not pot is chemically addictive. If so, it seems pretty clear that it is in a VERY mild way. There are some who would argue that a "pyschological dependancy" to something is not even in the same realm of discussion as a chemical dependancy. I'm not sure where I stand on that.

The important thing is to get everyone to try it enough that they can find out how it affects them personally. Anyone need a babysitter?

• sf
    sf

"slipping lies and misinformation into their disinformation packets in order to justify keeping prohibition and its lucrative machinery running."

Exactly. Thus the D.A.R.E. program.

In the video "...emperor" I watched with my daughter, Jack goes on a search for a video that the USAmade re: the benefits of hemp for the world. "hemp for victory" is the title of the then, hard-to-find video the navy made.

My daughter, who was nine at the time, learned a whole lot about the history and benefits of the hemp plant. NOT THE USA PROPAGANDA.

sKally, kids NEED to Know THE TRUTH about THEIR WORLD, klass

• Seeker
    Seeker

God help me, I just agreed with sf. D.A.R.E. is nothing more than propaganda designed to perpetuate the phony war on drugs. This government needs drugs, and would be lost without Americans and their addictive tendencies.

Me, I'm a live and let live kind of guy. You want to smoke pot? Go for it. But let's not kid ourselves. It's self-destructive behavior. Yes, it is. I think we can all agree that cigarette smoke is bad for the lungs. Well, ignoring any pharmacalogical aspects of marijuana, there is at least the smoke in the lungs part that is bad for the body. Period. So anyone who smokes pot is harming their bodies.

Anyone who gets drunk is also harming their bodies.

Anyone who smokes is also harming their bodies.

We all know this, at least on some level. So while I'm a live and let live kind of guy (and very much opposed to the war on drugs), I tend to question the motives of anyone who smokes/gets drunk/smokes pot/takes any other drug. It's self-descructive behavior, and a person does not normally engage in such activity. So I would wonder why they are acting in that way, against their best interests.

It could be for as simple and transparent a reason as ignorant hedonism -- "it feels good, so I do it and besides how bad could it be anyway?"

Or there could be deeper emotional flaws at work that cause self-descructive behavior.

In any relationship I was in where my partner began to harm themselves, the first thing I would want to find out is why they are doing it. Not why they casually say they are doing it (we're good at fooling ourselves), but why they are really doing it. There may be an underlying cause that is affecting them emotionally and is manifesting itself in various ways, pot smoking included.

For those of you who wish to deny that you operate because of emotional causes, just tell yourself that I'm delusional and go about your merry way.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I've tried pot a few times in the year since I have been free. Out of 6 tries, I've gotten a fairly mild high once. I guess there is no doubt that my reasons are hedonistic, but it is more an "informed hedonism" than an "ignorant hedonism", I believe. I'm certainly more informed about pot than I was growing up as a witness kid; for that matter, I'm more informed about pot than most "worldly" kids who do it are. Wimpy parents I guess. Good job Skally.

In my freedom, I figure that it would be a good thing to send my mind some places it hasn't been, provided I can do it safely. And while I won't be worrying about the relative damage an occasional toke could do to the lungs, in point of fact, that is not the only delivery method for this drug.

• larc
    larc

For all of you that enjoy pot, why don't you give the woman some adviace about dealing with her husband's alcoholism. That is the main point.

As Tina pointed out, if he is an alcoholic, he should give up grass also. That is the standard recomendation of AA and alcohol abuse counselors.

What kind fairy land world do you live in to believe that the woman may not have to consider leaving her husband as an option?

• sf
    sf

"AA and alcohol abuse counselors."

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=AA+Cult&hc=0&hs=0

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hey Jurs,

Please see my thread to you in the main forum.

---------------
    Spartacus:

You are a textbook example of projecting your own situation on another.

You have obviously never dealt with and had your life seriously damaged by the effects of alcoholism. You speak about things you know not.

The way you are talking, it is a fair bet that you are an alcoholic.

And by the way, I'm a man, not a woman. Farkel is also a man. What he wrote previously on this thread is dead on target.

Alcoholism is a serious, and heartbreaking disease. It is a mental illness first, then a physical illness.

There are only 2 possible outcomes in an alcoholic relationship:

1. The Alcoholic recovers, or
    2. The Non-Alcoholic leaves. Period.

FreePeace

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit