Prepardness and the "Society"...

by Justice-One 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

What have you got up your sleeve for Earth Crust Displacement? Staples to attach yourself to the ground?

Let's be honest here.....the EARTH is always up for its own Armageddon. It's happened before and will happen again and if you think you can just nip up to your left and brew a cup of tea, that you've carefully packed away ready for these things.....think again.

Whatever you STORE...you'll eventually run out of. Have essentials in, by all means, but get real about any major catastrophes. In anything BIG, we all have to look out for eachother other wise we're all stuffed. And since we're very unlikely to do that.....I reckon we're just stuffed.

So, that said, I'm preparing for NOTHING!

• heathen
    heathen

Guys like you worry me Gill , I vote you most likely to resort to cannibalism .LOL Science is predicting the end of civilization possibly by a comet or super volcano , there's all sorts of ways the world is likely to suffer from . Funny we are talking about this as a hurricane hits florida again .

• greendawn
    greendawn

They better store some condoms because they don't want to have pregnancies during the great tribulation.

• heathen
    heathen

That'd be interesting , maybe that's how they plan to prevent pregnancy during the millenial reign . I'm surprised there haven't been articles on abstinence ,after all the end is at hand as stated by the latest convention .

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is an interesting thread. My previous experience with the LDS church taught me to have a supply of food in and when my husband had a very long bout of unemployment, my full pantry and freezer came in handy, as did the fact that I knew how to cook basic food(not just heating up prepared foods and mixes) There are different levels of disaster, and some are just a paycheck or a bad storm away from you. We would not have died, but our being prepared allowed us to not be dependant on anyone else for food stamps, etc. We have lived in areas that experienced flooding or heavy winters, and if you can't get to the store for 5 days(has happened) when you are used to being able to pick things up whenever, it could be a problem if not prepared.

BTW, liquid milk freezes fine(open and pour a little off the top for expansion as it freezes), and while that is still counting on an electric grid, it has come in handy when there is a good sale:)

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

It is SO funny to watch some of these JW's buy their "prepardness supplies." I went over to my JW brother in laws house last night, and sitting on his living room floor was SIX cases of MRE's. This is 450 dollars worth. (Including shipping.) And it only adds up to about an 18 day supply for him and his wife. - At two each per day. Now while this is better than nothing, I have always thought in terms of months and years not days. But any help is better than none. The last time I figured, I had enough to feed my family for more than a year. BUT, it did not include my extended JW family who at the time did not have so much as an extra can of beans on the shelf. And this fact brought me down to about a months supply of food - then we would all be hungry. (And I would no doubt be pissed because of the way they have made fun of me over the years, and laughed at my suggestions to just buy a little something for a rainy day. - Jah will provide ya know.)

Now don't get me wrong. MRE's are great "comfort food" in a short term or the beginning weeks of a SHTF situation. But you should not put all your eggs there. If he would have just divided the above amount of money, he could have had three cases of MRE's and about 200 pounds of wheat and beans. - Plus a few extras like powdered peanut butter and such. But hey, maybe the Society told them that Jehovah will step in within two weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit