CAN YOU HAVE A NORMAL LIFE OUTSIDE OF THE JW ORGANIZATION?

by juni 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• juni
    juni

You said:

It shakes them and their little world, when they meet someone who is happy and living a real life that is successful. It goes against the grain, no wonder the Society condemns people who are rich, popular music artists e.t.c when it suits them. Its because it shows that not all is bad away from the 'protective fold'

You are spot on for such a young grasshoppa!!!

Juni

Well lets see....Having left the clutches of the borg back in 1958 I continued to attend high school. Graduated, worked a year or so then went to Jr. College then on to 4yr institution. Got my masters then on to "normal life". Now 63 still married to same lady for 43 years, raised five kids, four our own and one adopted. Have changed careers a couple times, (normal for this age) and will be settling into semi-retirement in a couple years to continue my work for a NGO. Middle class by economic US standards, traveled to a dozen foreign countries, (maybe slightly above normal, but not for my aquaintences) and likely to pass on a legacy to the next generation of accomplishments slightly above the average. Pretty normal, I'd say!

carmelb

You've had a very productive life Carmelb!! Wow! You left in 1958. It must blow your mind reading about what has happened to different ones who stayed on, heh? Best to you and your family.

Juni HI ARTHUR! I AGREE WITH YOU. GARY BUSS HAS GREAT PRESENTATION AND INFORMATION. HE GETS A GOLD STAR ON HIS THEOCRATIC MINISTRY SCHOOL SHEET (WHATEVER THE HELL THEY CALLED IT) Juni

• Nowman
    Nowman

I ve been out for 14 years. I have to admit I did not feel that I lived a normal life for years due to what was instilled in my brain since birth but after much time, my life became normal. Now, it seems the JWs are strange.

Nikki

• juni
    juni

Thanks JW daughter. KW13 said pretty much the same as you. I believe we're all on the same page with this one.

And of course MonkeyShine said it best!!

Juni

• juni
    juni

Hi Nikki!

I haven't talked to you directly for quite some time. I, too, have been out for 14 yrs. this Oct. I know exactly what you mean. It takes time for your brain to clear and get on w/life. Thanks for that aspect in your comment.

Juni

• done4good
    done4good
    Partying, drinking, drugs, divorces, arguements, violence and happy that Jehovah protected me and my family from that.

Funny thing, I experienced almost all of those things to a MUCH worse degree inside the org, rather than outside!

j

• Nowman
    Nowman

Hi Juni, its been a long time, I agree. I see your posts though and enjoy them! Hope all is great with you. I think you knew I was pregnant, there was a thread...I am 16 weeks!

Feeling very good, its been 7 years since my last one! Its like starting new, I must say this is the best I have felt being prego, my son and daughter made me sick the whole time, its a good thing they turned out so sweet! I am getting off the subject...

Nikki

• acadian
    acadian

Define normal? because compared to most I wouldn't fit the meaning of normal. Defenitly Independent though.

• juni
    juni

Hi Nikki girl!!

Congratulations. Either I don't remember your announcement (you know - my age and leaky brain cells) or I missed it. 7 years apart. That's good. You'll have some help. Also I'm happy you have had no morning sickness. That is awful and these drs. say to eat crackers before getting up in the am. Yeah right. It's like having the flu.

Take care of yourself.

Love, Juni

Funny thing, I experienced almost all of those things to a MUCH worse degree inside the org, rather than outside

Thanks done4good. I think you chose an appropriate name for your alias. I know we had more problems IN then we have ever had OUT. It's refreshing to be out and enjoying doing things with the family. IN you're on such a strict schedule and then be brow beat to do more and more - no wonder people turned to booze, etc. There were several elders and publishers w/alcohol on their breath. Juni

• juni
    juni

Hi Acadian! You might want to read these words of Gary Buss's -

For me, the word "normal" is too ambiguous. I like the word "healthy". That's easier for me to see objectively.

Were my Witness years healthy? Nope!

Is my current life healthy? You bet!

Is getting old and having problems healthy? It is for me!

Is dying healthy? For me, accepting it's inevitable and real, is healthy.

Denying friends, education, lucrative employment, and saving for retirement was unhealthy . . . and unwise. 

Does that help you some? Write back if you have something more you want to add, alright? Have a good day.

Juni

• acadian
    acadian

I knew it, I'm not normal, whew! I was worried there for a minute...Thanks Juni. Peace Acadian ~~~ of the, I'm glad not to be normal class ~~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit