CAN YOU HAVE A NORMAL LIFE OUTSIDE OF THE JW ORGANIZATION?

by juni 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• juni
    juni
    think the real question is "can you have a normal life Inside the JW organisation".

What on earth do they consider the measuring line for normal???!!!!

Absolutely not! No normalcy or healthiness there.

Their own rules and regulations and following them exactly. That only will bring you happiness. Also Bible principles with their interpretation.

Juni

Heh Seredipity! Sorry to hear you're only going to get a sprinkling. That's really too bad.

Juni

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Its funny, when i was a kid I used to think 'I wish I could just have a normal life, but I will NEVER be able to'.

When I used to watch TV programmes I used to wonder what it would be like to be a 'normal person' like someone in a TV show who never had to think about field service or anything. I used to think how nice it would be not to have all that hanging over me.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It's the JWs that have ruined my chances of having a "normal" life not the world.

• juni
    juni

As long as you're alive Mysterious you have the opportunity to have a "normal"/healthy life.

I wish you the best in fulfilling your dreams.

Juni

• KW13
    KW13

I remember when i actually took the witnesses seriously, picturing people in the world. Partying, drinking, drugs, divorces, arguements, violence and happy that Jehovah protected me and my family from that.

The articles in the magazines, books e.t.c and experiences in the year book are done in a way, usually so you see what someones life in the world was like and how it was a disaster, before they became a witness and everything suddenly became ok.

The truth is, life is great and works out just fine outside of the organization, just the witnesses are brainwashed so much, they choose to forget/ignore that fact. It shakes them and their little world, when they meet someone who is happy and living a real life that is successful. It goes against the grain, no wonder the Society condemns people who are rich, popular music artists e.t.c when it suits them. Its because it shows that not all is bad away from the 'protective fold' of Jehoover.

When i left the dubs, i remember for the first 3 months i did nothing but drink and have fun. I had to catch up on my time i had missed.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

So much of that crap goes on inside the JWs too but just gets whitewashed.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well lets see....Having left the clutches of the borg back in 1958 I continued to attend high school. Graduated, worked a year or so then went to Jr. College then on to 4yr institution. Got my masters then on to "normal life". Now 63 still married to same lady for 43 years, raised five kids, four our own and one adopted. Have changed careers a couple times, (normal for this age) and will be settling into semi-retirement in a couple years to continue my work for a NGO. Middle class by economic US standards, traveled to a dozen foreign countries, (maybe slightly above normal, but not for my aquaintences) and likely to pass on a legacy to the next generation of accomplishments slightly above the average. Pretty normal, I'd say!

carmelb

• Arthur
    Arthur
    For me, the word "normal" is too ambiguous. I like the word "healthy". That's easier for me to see objectively.

I love garybuss's posts. That's what it's all about. Healthy beliefs versus destructive beliefs. Right on Gary !

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

During a recent conversation with my very depressed, alcoholic JW mom, she told me I seemed so happy (in spite of some extenuating circumstances with health, etc) and she really didn't understand why. . .this from a member of the happiest organization on earth. I have a normal life. Some good, some bad, but my hope isn't in some nebulous new order, but in the things I look forward to that I can make happen. I have real hope. I don't look forward to the end of the world, or the destruction of evil (Ok, I want everyone to just be nice, but I AM the happier one) I do have faith, but my faith rests on a loving God who can know what I do not know. I have no control over that, and I can't know everything about the Creator's plans, but I am pretty happy letting him do his God stuff without me trying to tell people what He means when he says things. I used to get all into in depth study, seriously looking into EVERY issue minutely. I gave that up for happiness and I don't think God has a problem with me trusting him to do his God thing.*

*When I say he, I am using the common term, but I don't think of God as male or female, but as complete.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

That's like saying, "Would my ass stop hurting if I pulled this stick out of it?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit