Open Letter To The Society

by Outaservice 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Oh man that is good!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Or how about "I'm thinking of joining the Red Cross because their planes and trucks have helped the brothers in Africa."

or

"I'm thinking of joining Amnesty International so I can sit on their forums and try and win the freedom of brothers imprisoned illegally in harsh regimes".

You can bet your bottom dollar that the Society would say you cannot join either of those organisations no matter how good the intentions.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Great one! What's good for the Gander is good for the Goose.

Blueblades

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

G00D ONE!

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Dear Brothers,

You might want to consider this letter in the 'Questions From Readers' section of THE WATCHTOWER.

My question is this: I would like to join the Catholic Church and at the same time keep my standing and position in the congregation! Can I do this?

The reason being is that I have heard that the Vatican has a very good and complete library which I would like to avail myself of. I would of course have to refrain from criticizing Catholics and speak well of them, but the benefits are obvious.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Brother Outaservice

As your X-JW buds will attest, the WT did not "join" the UN..and a JW can go into a theologcal libary and attain a book for research...

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    a JW can go into a theologcal libary and attain a book for research

...without disciplinary or social repercussions? Are you really sure? Is there any chance that we will see an explicit, written concession to this effect in the next QFR?

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit