Another win!

by AuldSoul 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, another JW is now an ex-JW. Not going back. That makes 8 since June or so of 2005, not counting the DF's that won't be going back.

Woo-hoo!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    That makes 8 since June or so of 2005, not counting the DF's that won't be going back.

Not sure what you're talking about. Are you refering to the congregation that you once attended?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Well, you sure have been a busy little apostate. Haven't you?!!

-Aude.

PS: Congrats on a job well done!!

• done4good
    done4good

I'm working on one myself. He's stopping by in about an hour. Gave him CoC yesterday. I'll post more later.

j

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

lol.........awesome! Congratulations!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yay AS!!

My friend Marion da'd in the week as well,and although the elders are trying to talk her out out of it, she is going to stand firm.

Another one joins the winning team!

• hubert
    hubert

Congrats, Auldsole.

I don't know how you do it. I can't get anywhere with my daughter.

If you lived near me, I'd hire ya to get her out of the j.w.'s. Anyway, good to hear some of you have a plan that works. I'm not giving up, just stepping back a little until the right opportunity arises, which may be not that far away. (I hope).

Hubert

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks all!

Arthur, I was referring to another person who won't be a JW anymore. This fellow has been an elder since 1982, he and I used to be auxiliary pioneer partners. I have aided 3 in over the course of my 20+ years baptized, but I have already more than made up for it.

Hubert,

...just stepping back a little until the right opportunity arises...

I have been having a lot more success getting them to explain things to me that I already know cannot be explained. That is the way it has gone with the last 4 of the 8. Tihs would be things like the baptismal requirements, the replacement of "congregation" with "elders" in Matthew 18:17, getting them to explain how Jesus treated people of the nations and tax collectors and then asking them about the meaning of Matthew 18:17, asking about why Jesus' opposers arranged a nighttime trial and then following with a discussion of the reasoning behind the secretive nature of Judicial Committees etc.

This sort of reasoning seems much more effective for breaking down the resistance to thoughts independent of the Watchtower Society.

fullofdoubt, I am sure Marion will need support for some time to come. It isn't an easy transition, from a known comfort-zone that is rigid, if nothing else, into a comparatively unknown environment that can be somewhat chaotic.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• bebu
    bebu

Well, that's 8 that you know of, Auld Soul! I have a hunch that you've been instrumental in turning on the lights for quite a few thru this discussion board.

But what a wonderful thing to have people you cared about come out!! I hope your roll continues! Then you can start your own board, right?

bebu

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Good for you. I helped a friend and his wife out of the bOrg by telling them about crisis of conscience. The guy was open minded and was having difficulty making sense of the doctrine and the waffling. We have been talking a lot the past few months and he totally stopped going to the meetings as well as his wife. He views the society as a dishonest organization.

He in turn started preaching (great choice of words, ha ha) to other jdubs about the UN and stuff. Interestingly, he got a hold of steve hassan's second book which focuses more on helping those trapped in a cult to open their eyes. When the jdub heard about the societies involvement with the UN he didn't believe it and went to his congregation to speak to one of the elders, a few days later he came back to him and explained that the elder said material was apostate. My friend countered with a illustration of what a ad hominem logic fallacy is. He said that if two politicians were debating about crime and one politician called the other a drunk and womanizer, that is a ad hominem attack because it attacks the other person but doesn't address the issue that was raised. The society does this all the time when they label something or someone apostate. They don't always address the issue that was raised but seek to divert peoples attention by the label. The jdub he spoke to opened his eyes wide when he heard this and became quiet. He then started asking more questions about the bOrg.

I really think we should start sharing our experiences on how we helped others out of the bOrg. Personally, I don't try to attack the society but rather the futility of trying to make sense of the nonsense. People can't and usually resort to the 'well, I've been in this long and don't have anywhere else to go'. I like to do a little sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle.... over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit