The 'issue' of masturbation. (not a rude thread lol)

by KW13 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The way it was explained to me is that one was not giving themselves to their spouse(or future spouse) and was dwelling on thoughts or fantasizing about people that they were not supposed to be thinking of sexually-and you know lusting is the same as adultery, etc etc.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

The thing is, if the spouse was present than the masturbation would not be needed.--lol

And if you're going to fantasize than you might as well go all out and get who you want.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hey KW 13,

This thread just rubs me the wrong way.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thread title: The 'issue' of masturbation. (not a rude thread lol) - let's keep it that way, folks.

And let's stay on topic. Ta.

• Gill
    Gill

Once again the WTBTS manages to 'criminalise' a perfectly natural 'habit' (for want of a better word).

If it wasn't natural everybody wouldn't have done, or be doing it at some point.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thousands (some of us have millions) of sperm released at masturbation does not constitute murder as they haven't fertilised an egg. Surely masturbation is "better" than going with a woman and bringing her into "sin"!

The GB make these rules because they've realised they've missed out!

Ian

• headmath
    headmath

PMJ2 said

quote its a dirty habit because it makes a person dwell on unwholsome thoughts end quote For your information it is a dirty habit becasue that is what ORGANized religions portrays it to be. Religion is behind this deceit because masterbation would not increase a religious ORGANizations MEMBERship. As for dirty thoughts how in the hell else does one have a wet dream you dope! If masterbation was practised more, the world would be a better place to live in as world populations would be in control. Right now world populations are destroying the earth with global warming and the like. There is only one tenth of an acre per person in China that is not enough land to support a flea. If you took away China's imports there would be anarchy

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

If masturbation wasn't intended for God creations why does my dog lick herself? The whole stance on Masturbation is so out there I can't even comprehend it. Has anyone here seen any recent stances taken on Masturbation by the WTS ie publications, talks.

• mouthy
    mouthy

If masterbation was practised more, the world would be a better place to live in as world populations would be in control.

The above quote I believe has some merit. Not for control of Nations but the stopping of messing with kids,rape,I am VERY MUCH against people ANYONE!!!! telling folks it is an evil practice. WHY???? Because I think of the young brother (JW) who's Father ( earthly) caught him doing just that.He took him to the elders? who counselled the lad- who then killed himself. What one does in his bedroom is between God & HIM/HER In my opinion. If as long as he is not messing with some one he shouldnt, Little children ,another mans wife/husband, crulty etc:etc:

This is a topic. I deal with very often young men & women leaving the JW ask ....Is it a sin????
    I am old ...I dont have all the answers to life. I just tell them I was wrong for 25 years I could still be wrong now. BUT If the GOD I worship is a loving God -He gave us the desires of sex. I personally think if one does it to relieve the build up of tensions it seems to give> HE understands. -The fact it is mentioned there is no marrying in the place we HOPE to go-so it seems to me that is one thing humans wont have to wressle with> sex... There will be no rape ,pedifiles etc.

Sorry for the long opinionated response from an old woman

Grace -or undeserved kindness to the WT

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think many religions disapprove because they want the sexual urge to be performed "normally" thus resulting in offspring thus resulting in an increased number of adherents - applies to polygamy, masturbation, concubinage etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit