The 'issue' of masturbation. (not a rude thread lol)

by KW13 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KW13
    KW13

forgive me for being nieve here...

the watchtowers reasons for masturbation are wrong? they say that God punished some guy cos his sperm was wasted..not entirely true but lets run with that for a second.

surely, since sperm was wasted with masturbation and its seen as murder, then contraception must be wrong as it achieves the same.

what about a woman masturbating? a woman doesn't commit 'mass murder' so are they exempt?

forgive my strange topic, just something that crossed my mind.

• JH
    JH
    God punished some guy cos his sperm was wasted

I could be the father of 30,000 kids......but I wasted my sperm...lol

• jwcol
    jwcol

What you are referring to with Onan "wasting his sperm" has nothing to do with masturbation. It was because he didn't want to perform brother-in-law marriage with Tamar and get her pregnant.

Masturbation is said to be unclean.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

But when a woman masterbates, she doesn't destroy or use any eggs.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

KW13: "...the watchtowers reasons for masturbation are wrong? they say that God punished some guy cos his sperm was wasted"

If you're referring to the incident with Onan, masturbation is not their argument.

*** yp chap. 25 p. 201 Masturbation—How Serious Is It? ***
    God executed Onan for ‘wasting his semen on the earth.’ However, interrupted intercourse, not masturbation, was involved. Furthermore, Onan was executed because he selfishly failed to perform brother-in-law marriage in order to continue his deceased brother’s family line. (Genesis 38:1-10) What of the “emission of semen” mentioned at Leviticus 15:16-18? This apparently refers, not to masturbation, but to a nocturnal emission as well as to marital sexual relations.

Fats

• KW13
    KW13

ah thanks, cos my stepdad in a personal study condemned masturbation using that arguement...so did i miss all those years of it for nothing, or did they have a reason?

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

its a dirty habit because it makes a person dwell on unwholsome thoughts

• KW13
    KW13

JH said: I could be the father of 30,000 kids......but I wasted my sperm...lol

evil!
    ----------

do you have a scipture for that pmj? :P

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

JWCOL: Masturbation is said to be unclean.

Can you source that for us, please? Who said it? What said it?

Fats

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze Karl, didn't ya ever read the Youth book on this subject? All the answers to life's problems are in that book.

*** yy chap. 5 p. 37 Masturbation and Homosexuality ***

it is an expression of desiring something that does not rightly belong to one. God has provided marriage as the arrangement in which to satisfy sexual desires. But the person who practices masturbation is, in effect, trying to obtain that satisfaction without paying the price.

In Dub dumb land, nothings free. Considering that 95% of men masturbate, it's nice to see that no one's paying any attention to this midaeval crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit