by monkeyshine 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

So no one farmed till after flood, because the mist watered

all the vegetation...But when God formed the seas, where did

all the water come from,( Gen.1:10).

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WHERE are the fossilised rain prints in volcanic mud I read about?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Interesting, I thought the teaching was still that it never rained until the Flood. Totally missed the "new light" on this.

• jam
    jam

I'm viewing right now, NASA ancient earth. alien earth.

Water have been here on earth over 4 billion years, not mist

but seas, oceans, rivers and lakes..

Can you imagine a JW in the audience asking a question.

Hold on for a minute, are you guys correct on you figures,

there was no rain before the flood, 4-5 thousands years ago..

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Since I don't see any characters in watchtower publications with umbrellas I can only assume there was no rain.

• jam
    jam

OK, new light I misses that too, so no rain until God made

the seas, about 6000 years ago.

• jam
    jam

The problem, Gen 2:5 "for god had not caused it to rain on

the earth, and there was no man to till the ground". But a

mist went up from the earth and watered the WHOLE face

of the ground...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What the Society is saying is that the "mist" statement was in the era before Adam, but it might have begun raining well before Noah's time. I always misunderstood that for some reason and thought it was a general statement about pre-Flood times, probably just because I was told that as a kid at the Hall.

• jam
    jam

We can conclude when the Sun, moon and seas appeared ,

we have the water cycle in place, being powered by the sun's energy is

intimately tied to many other aspect of the earth's climate.

So normal environmental process was in operation before Adam, rain.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think what some used to believe is that the environment was fundamentally different in the time of the water canopy, before it fell in the Flood, and intead of rain clouds, there was just the firmament of water above us, possibly blocking out the sun. It's a weird idea and it's actually a misunderstanding of what the Bible is really saying.

The picture actually painted by the Bible is that the firmament is still there. It's the solid dome of the sky which holds back the flood waters to this day. When it rains, it's because God has opened a flood gate and let some water out. See http://contradictionsinthebible.com/genesis-1-waters-above-firmament/ and http://contradictionsinthebible.com/genesis-god-creates-dry-habitable-land-planet-earth/.

If Christian fundamentalists really want to take the Bible literally, that's the worldview that they should be upholding. Needless to say, they prefer to try to reconcile the Bible with what we actually know of the world now, but it's led them quite a distance from the actual worldview of the ancient Jews.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit