So, why is sex a sin?

by Gill 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

So, why is sex, without marriage a sin?

Why when someone is talking about morality, do they really mean sexual activities, and not lying, cheating, child abuse, wife beating, bad tempers, being a horrible person, murder, generally bad behaviour.. Those other things, I would say are more immoral.

But, sex, why is it a sin? If two people are in love, have no other ties, want to be together, why is that a sin? Just because of some old book that people make the 'claim' was written by God, when it is patently obvious it was no such thing, by anyone with the inclination to sit and consider history a little.

Surely sex is just a natural part of life if they have no other ties, commitments, etc.

It seems to me, that the no sex rule is set up by horny old men, who didn't and aren't getting enough, to punish those that are getting plenty and will be getting more than they ever did.

These same men want to keep their wives, daughters, nieces under control and other men in fear of their lives, so they decided to make a rule and claimed that 'God said so! So there!'

To JWs, and having been such a foolish person for nearly forty years, whenever morality is discussed they think 'sexual morals' and not any other kind. But as we know, WTBTS land is obsessed with sex!

So what do you think people? Is sex a sin, just because an unattached, in love couple are not married?

I don't think so but I want to know if I'm alone on this.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sex a sin? Naw, it's much too fun for that!

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

Gill slaps herself on the forehead!

'I should have known that Ian would be the first one to reply on this thread!' she sighs. 'Now I know why Ian couldn't have stayed a JW! He didn't understand the rules in the first place! He didn't get to the part where they explained about 'sex' and how you shouldn't enjoy it more than the Watchtower study on sunday afternoon!'

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Gill :

'I should have known that Ian would be the first one to reply on this thread!'

I can't help it. I think it's because my hormones are coming back on line after being hospitalised!

Besides, who's to say what sin is?

Horny Ian

• serendipity
    serendipity

Sure sex is fun, but what other act can create a new life? Then what? The prohibition on sex outside of marriage protected women from having to raise a child without a father involved, assuming they weren't stoned to death. The law helped to maintain some semblance of a family life (even if the father had multiple wives and dozens of kids) and family lineage. Then there's some protection against all those nasty STDs.

I agree that murder and violent crime are immoral.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Gill,

I live with my boyfriend, and have done so since the start of this year, and I don't see that we are committing a sin in being together at all. Admittedly, I have had a few guilty thoughts on occasion, but I hadn't been out of the org long when we got together, and I rarely feel guilty about my actions nowadays, I'm enjoying them far too much!

We are law - abiding people, pay our taxes and don't harm any of our neighbours, yet if we had still been in the org when we got together we would have been disfellowshipped for our conduct. In fact, one of the things that was said about me when I da'd was that I had left because I wanted to have sex with Trev, and was ashamed to associate with jws because of my loose conduct.

Neither of us care what the jws think of us now, but it pees us both off knowing they are prepared to shield child abusers, who are breaking the law and belong in jail, but would df people like us, who break no law at all. They apply the "2 witness" rule to child molesters, but would have df'd us without any witnesses simply for living together.

Linda

• Gill
    Gill

Ian - Glad to hear the hormones are coming back into line!

Serendipity - I understand what you say, but don't believe it protected women from much at all. Infact, I think it was a measuring stick with which to beat women with, rather than protect them with.

• Gill
    Gill

Linda! Exactly what I mean. I consider you living with someone you love as totally natural and moral. Sex in these circumstances is absolutely nothing to do with anyone else and not something for any one else to judge!

This is the problem. People would judge a natural behaviour as immoral. It's an nonsense to think that way.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Cos you forget Jehoober when you are doing it?

Cos its such good fun?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Cos you forget Jehoober when you are doing it?

Cos its such good fun?

Yes and yes.

Also, I went 25 years without it, being such a good little dub, so I've got some lost time to catch up on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit