Why do you have YOUR faith?

by FreedomFrog 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think we need to have faith in ourselves. Even if we fail we need faith that well get up and go on. I dont know about faith in anything other than myself.

1.confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability

The above is a dictionarys #1 deffinition of faith. I think if you dont have faith in yourself, you will be lost.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

LOSING FAITH D…E…G…Bb…

BLACK HAVE BEEN MY DREAMS OF LATE

I NEED RELIEF I CANNOT WAIT

I KNOW THAT PAIN OF LOSING FAITH

I HOPE YOU LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE

GONE FROM BEING SURE OF EVERYTHING

NOW TO BEING SURE OF NOTHING

GONE FROM BELIEVING IN EVERYONE

NOW I’M DOUBTFUL OF IT ALL

THEY SAY A MAN WHO LOSES FAITH

HE MIGHT AS WELL JUST LOSE HIS LIFE

I LOST MY FAITH IN ALL BUT YOU

AND THAT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME

I WOULD RATHER LIVE IN HOPE

THAN LIVE ALONE OR LIVE A LIE

AND I WOULD RATHER LIVE ALONE

THAN LIVE A LIE D…E…Bb…Bbm…F…F…Bb…Bbm…F…C…

• Honesty
    Honesty

I didn't have any faith as a JW until my 'Damascus Road' experience a year and a half ago.

I left the JW cult because of it and now enjoy the life that Jesus promised believers at John 10:10b.

I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't have faith and I certainly would never claim to. I have no "faith" that god doesn't exist but I also see no proof that he does. I don't have
    faith in myself either. I have events to look back on and proof of my abilities to rely on. The same with my friends. I don't have faith my friends will be there I have examples of how they have treated me in the past and now. So I would say I am faithless but not hopeless.

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

That question sounds like something a JDub would ask while standing at your door on Saturday morning.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

There is something to be said about someone when they believe in you. There is an element of trust involved. It's like if I tell a friend I'm gonna show up at a party. He can either have faith that I'll show up, even though there is no proof, or he can say, "I'll believe it when I see it."
    Which has more of an element of intimate trust?

I suppose God can come down and say..."here i am, TADDA!"
    But that whole element of trust and faith which are virtues in and of themselves would be lost.
    To have faith in God is to say that we believe and trust in him. Whether it be a relationship with God or anyone, faith is a virtue of that relationship.
    Am I making sense?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I do not have enough faith to be an Athiest. If you're wrong and you're an antheist you go to hell but if you are right and are a Christian, you go to heaven. I like the Christian option better. So I say that it takes more faith to be an Athiest.
    I do think that a great majority of the time (not always) that atheists don't give God too much consideration because then they would have to try to live a moral life.
    I chose Christianity because it feels right to me. I have considered many different beliefs and they just didn't feel right. They history behind it seems the most logical too. I then don't think denomination within Christianity matters as long as you aren't in a cult.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    I do think that a great majority of the time (not always) that atheists don't give God too much consideration because then they would have to try to live a moral life.

Everyone has to try to live a moral life in order to be a member of society. Some of us don't think of it as "trying," though. For example, I have a very strong sense of "rgiht and wrong" that is seperate from the Bible. It is my sense of "right and wrong" that has allowed me to see the Bible for what it is. I appreciate the morals presented by Jesus, but see no need to worship him or anything else in order to fulfill my obligation to humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit