Welcome Jehovah

by coolhandluke 39 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

CHL

Good post. I have a question or two for you.

Based upon all of that, what conclusions have you come to regarding the nature of God?

Why does the universe, existence, etc. look the way it does if God personifies "love"?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Based upon all of that, what conclusions have you come to regarding the nature of God?

Why does the universe, existence, etc. look the way it does if God personifies "love"?

Since I came here more than a year ago a lot has happened to me. I have done a great deal of thinking. The idea that God exists is a cop out to me. It removes responsibility so that the lazy can accept their realities as they are instead of attempting to augment them. "I'm waiting on God." It also removes the responsibility for growth outside of yourself. The idea of having absolute truth is crippling. It is the enemy of tolerance. Knowing that I can co-exist with all men because I accept them as they are instead of attempting to change them into who I am in my heart makes me a better person than I was when I was a Jehovah's Witness. For me that God does not exist.

This will almost be a contridiction in terms but perhaps it is because of my own self-imposed limitations: I would like to think that God does exist, that order has an origin and that he is just letting us "work it all out". I want to believe that God set things in motion and in his imagination wants us to come to an understanding of cooperation and higher order. But in that statement I come back to the chicken and egg concrete value of what I aspire to be. Does the God create the aspirations in the man or do the aspirations in the man create the God?

I cannot answer the questions I have with any concrete data. There is none. There is no "evident demonstration of reality though not beheld." So all I am left with is to live my life as a good man, not because I get the Cracker Jack prize but because I choose to. The answers will come in their own time as a result of my actions and my thoughts relative to those actions. That is the only way.

When I remove God from my personal equation, the possibilities are limitless and I like that.

Your question about God personifying love... I don't think he does. He personifies disconnect. JW's think that he gives them breezes in the afternoon so they can keep going out in service. But my friend in Iraq trying to survive a moment at a time prays every day for God to protect his remaining children. Sad, one of them got killed with an IED this morning. There is no God and I am not a fool.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

use your words there Mr. Kim.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

To blame and attack, to accuse and condemn GOD for mankind's folly is sheer stupidity and gross ignorance!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I assigned no blame to God. He doesn't exist. If you read my post, I said that to attribute our surroundings to God is a cop out. Everything you see around you is our fault... and it is our responsibility to change it. One more time for emphasis: I don't think God exists, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear gods, Dom... I'm so, so sorry about your friend's child in Iraq.

Oh, I'm so, so sorry.

(Peace to you, sweet little one, innocent and undeserving of what became you. Sweet dreams.)

Strength to your friend and his family.

love
    Baba

• hambeak
    hambeak

That was funny and really a lot of truth I especially like the cartoon

If you ever get to Texas I'll buy you the second brew.

Hammy

• daystar
    daystar

CHL, you and I could have some pretty insightful conversations, I think. Good on ya brother.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    CHL, you and I could have some pretty insightful conversations, I think. Good on ya brother.

I think we could too Daystar. When I first came here, you were key in helping me analyze my thought process. I thank you for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit