Welcome Jehovah

by coolhandluke 39 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

letters to god are all the rage, i figured i'd bump this one because it made me laugh when i wrote it... and who doesn't need some humor

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, CHL, I was glad to get to read this.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I'm happy for the bump... I love this piece... and I love you, too, Brother CoolHand.

Hugs,

Baba.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    I'm happy for the bump... I love this piece... and I love you, too, Brother CoolHand.

Hugs,

Baba.

Love you too Baba. You are always supportive, kind and hilarioius.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

eecummings did use caps either :) Im one of those people described in "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves" but like art, the meaning is in the creators strokes and not in the eye of the beholder.

Wowzers! I loved that. Jehoover of the JWs is just a made up entity anyway just as that cartoon depicts.

Good thing. I happen to think God..or Harold Be Thy Name...is way way ABOVE all this bullshit we assign to our decidedly man made version of God.

We created God in OUR image and not the other way around.

I happen to appreciate good prose. Punctuated or not :)

• Confession
    Confession

Hey Luke... Always love your work, dude. Still Krav-Maga-ing?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Hey Luke... Always love your work, dude. Still Krav-Maga-ing?

Thanks ol buddy! Yeah. I'm still at it, loving it, getting better. You?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Wowzers! I loved that.

Thanks. I think the viewpoint that we created God is how my mind leans these days. Our creation is dependant on what we seem to want to feel that day. Saying that we have the capacity for love and the good that comes with it therefore God must be love is ridiculous. What if I was an ax murderer or a nympho or a racist? Do the same rules apply?

• greendawn
    greendawn

That jehovah is a creation of teh FDS of the JWs and exists only in their imagination. Christians view God as a father the JWs as a savage vindictive lord.

• Confession
    Confession
    Yeah. I'm still at it, loving it, getting better. You?

I was going strong until my move from southern California to the Phoenix area about a month and a half ago. There are some good Krav Maga centers in my locale. Just have to get outta these boxes, get my pool finished, etc., and I'll be Ready to Roundhouse again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit