Welcome! Get on board!

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Geronimo!

• hopie
    hopie

WELCOME TO THE SANE WORLD

Are we nortorious or INFAMOUS or both?

What kind of questions did you ask that made the elders so upset?

Hopie

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

I can accept a Klutz

hey...its O Kay.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome, Geronimo!

Pick a topic and jump on in.....the water's fine!

hugs,

Annie

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome!

j

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

Hey, thanks! Several of the friends come here and lurk and I still have an unbaptized bud who lurks here that keeps me posted on what's going on with my former congregation. He said a couple more are checking this board out and questioning all that "light" that got blown up our behinds. If you bring up the Net this board is mentioned as a prime example of apostate ones seeking to devour just like the Adversary. I can't think of anything I agree with the WTS about anymore except their teaching on Sheol-Hades-Gehenna-Tartarus. I sure can tell you more. Check this out. My bud 'Leon' took me over to his Uncle's house who is a minister of a big evangelical denomination. BIG. We sat and talked and argued for at least three hours and ate two extra large pizzas and knocked back almost a case of Coke. I am no slouch with the Bible, but this guy blew all my stock WTS arguments about the Trinity away! We came to a Mexican standoff on hell though. So, that's when I started asking questions at the book study and pestering the elders after meetings. I tied them up in knots with my new understanding. They were condescending and patient at first but it wasn't long before the velvet gloves came off their iron fists. Ai carumba! To make a funny story short, I am now DFed, or I disassociated myself, whoever you want to listen to. I used to insist I had DAed myself but now I would rather be looked upon as DFed. A badge of honor.

One of the things this minister told me that threw a wrench in my brain was this argument. He asked me what religion Mary and Elizabeth (the mother of John the Baptist) were. I said, Jewish. He asked how many Gods did the Jews believe in. I said one. Then he asked me how many Lords did the Jews believe in. I said one, again. Then he had me read Luke 1:43: 'So how is it that this privelage is mine, to have THE MOTHER of MY LORD come to me?"
    That's a questionn from Liz to Mary. The preacher said 'Since they only believed in one God and one Lord, Jehovah, why would they refer to the unborn baby Jesus as "MY LORD'? I was a deer caught in the headlights. All my brain circuits started to fry. Real quick before I could throw up a wall around my mind he had me look at Isiah 43:10 and 11 and man did it hit home where Jehovah God says 'Before me there was no God formed, AND AFTER ME THERE CONTINUED TO BE NONE. I, I am Jehovah and besides me THERE IS NO SAVIOR." You know, I tried the standard defense against that ("Lord isn't capitalized"), but together with Luke 1:43 I wasnt able to withstand what the Bible was obviously saying. Christ isn't "a god" unless Jehovah God was wrong in Isaiah, and since Jehovah is the only savior then Jesus is Jehovah! So I started skipping out on book study and field service for a few weeks while I visited with Leon's uncle. Holy cow! This guy went to minister seminars specifically to deal with Dubs and help them to see the Bible. So, this was the beginning of the end of my stint as a Dub. When I would bring these things up to the elders they would try their stock arguments but I was able to back them into a corner. That's when you find out who the 'roaring lion' REALLY is! If this were a few hundred years ago those guys would have loved to have burned me at the stake. You could see it in their eyes! They HATED me! I DAed myself but got DFed anyway. So I'm both. Suits me fine.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome geronimo! Thanks for sharing your story.

• ferret
    ferret

WELCOME Geronimo

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Geronimo! Looks like the elders are the ones speaking with forked tonques. Good for you!

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit