I AM SUCH A KLUTZ! Hello!

by Geronimo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Holy cow! This guy went to minister seminars specifically to deal with Dubs and help them to see the Bible.

Wow I didnt realise other religions took such a lot of trouble to convert wits. Im glad I never met one of thoes guys because my brain would have exploded.

You were pretty brave to take it all in.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Geronimo.

Actually, the Jews had many Lords. Sarah supposedly called Abraham "lord". But that doesn't mean she thought he was god. And, the Isaiah quote is a pissing match between Baal and the Hebrew God. If Jesus was God's plan to save mankind, then that is salvation through God. It doesn't mean they're the same person.

I went round and round with more than one person in the field service on those points. LOL Whatever, I'm glad it freed your mind from the WTS.

Cellist

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

What does Geronimo yell when he jumps out of an airplane to skydive?

Meeeeeeeeeeee.

Welcome.

W.Once

• Forscher
    Forscher

Welcome to the forum Geronimo.
    That mug in your avatar looks mighty familiar! Careful with with folks like that minister you mentioned. His particular reasoning is not all that difficult to beat. After all, the Jews did use the word "lord" as a title for more than just God. Just like our English word it was an honorific title for various kinds of leaders. So its use by Elizabeth does not really prove a trinitarian relationship. Much more is needed.
    My point is to investigate and study for yourself so that you don't just fall into another trap just like the Dub one.
    Forscher

• karen96
    karen96

Welcome Geronimo! Let's hope more of your friends come aboard too!

Karen

• Quandry
    Quandry

The preacher said 'Since they only believed in one God and one Lord, Jehovah, why would they refer to the unborn baby Jesus as "MY LORD'?

Well, I thought it was because at this time they were looking for the messiah, who would be the Christ, the Lord. So Mary was really the mother of her cousin's Lord.

It is all in the semantics.

Anyway, welcome.

As you can see by my name, I do not know what to believe anymore, really. But I never believed in the Trinity doctrine. What this minister said doesn't prove anything to me, just that maybe you were stuffed from the food and drink and were worn down after three hours and lots of pizza and coke.

Like the posters here said, don't jump now on another bandwagon of stuff that sounds good without investigation completely. Some of these guys sound soooooo convincing, yet he may disagree with the next minister.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Geronimo

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

LOL another "Geronimo"! Thanks again, everybody, for such a very warm welcome. I'm not jumpining into any new pot of hot water thats for sure. Thanks for the warning though. It's a reinforcement of my decision to walk my own path. I've been studying books about the Bible from a very liberal point of view and they make a lot of sense. I still identify myself as a Christian but a very liberal Protestant. I'm content to do my thing and live and let live. My arguments with the elders were a lot more involved and in-depth than my post here but the details are really boring when they're written down. I haven't had a discussion with him since I left the truth. LOL "left the truth." DOH. Left the lie. Oh, and that joke about Geronimo got a big grin out of me. G

• Asheron
    Asheron

Welcome to the sane-itarium!

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

Hi Katiekitten. If there's money to be made on it, there's a person or org offering CDs, books, and seminars on it most likely. There are seminars held on dealing with the major "cults" such as JWs, Mormons, and whoever number three is. G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit