DID ELDERS POKE THEIR NOSE IN YOUR BUSINESS?

by badboy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Oh Yeah

I have no respect for any elder

They say ...we are trying to help. poke...poke...poke.!

• JimWood
    JimWood

Does the Pope ware a funny hat?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Honestly I was lucky, they left me well enough alone when I left. I'm not sure. I guess with already having an inactive father maybe they didn't want to push my mother too far.

They got a lot of "mileage" out of your Mother...FS,donations and support for meetings. I am sure it helped them to back off on you. You don't want to kill the "Golden Goose" I was lucky when I got out also. My Dad was a well known and respected Elder. I said a lot of things (early 80's) that I would have been DA'ed or DF'ed for but they left me alone. I don't think I would have the same courtesy extended to me today. DA'ing seems to be especially in vogue today as they try to tighten their grip on the remaining "true believers"

• Sadie Masokissdick
    Sadie Masokissdick

The truth be told, Jim, the pope does not *ware* any hat all. However, he does *wear* what is called a mitre. I suppose that a mitre might be considered a "funny hat."

• ?me?
    ?me?

fortunately, the elders in our cong. mind their own business . my bookstudy overseer is always trying to keep a pulse on the cong. but he has left me and my wife alone all the time, even though we have went from being at 90 percent of the cbs's and now with the bible teach book( a rewrite of the paradise and knowledge book) being studied, we have been there less than 50 percent of the time, and almost no field service all year from the bookstudy ( our bookstudy is full of crazy people, and the regular ones do not go out on the weekend). the other elders are pretty cool also, most just say "hi" and the one or two that we are really close with stick to our common interests (sports, and just general topics) when talking to us.

i hang with the PO almost weekly because we both love the same sport, and he NEVER gives me a hard time even when i have missed all the meetings for a week, or i call him on sunday afternoon after i have missed the meeting to get together.

so all in all they are very hands off with us,even though in the past they know we have engaged in some shady activities (smoking, drinking, etc)

• serendipity
    serendipity

The elders have hardly spoken to me over the years. Of course, I'm as a single mother, I'm invisible anyway.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Just thinking about this makes me want to go Elder Hunting!

Sorry, just can't resist.....

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I just cleaned my SKS

Lets go

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

One particular elder mentioned to my then 11 year old daughter that he thought that her dresses were to short. she came to me and told me that he had said that to her, so i accosted him in front of some of the other elders (I wasn't a jdub then) and told him if he bothered any of my children again or even spoke to them that I would kick his ass and as i told him this I was poking him in the chest. He being the coward he was didn't say aword, I then turned to the rest of them and told them that it goes for them too, don't you ever speak to any of my family and that includes my wife who was a dubby at the time, that I would personally take it against them and kick their asses for them. They didn't like me and I wonder why, but guess what they never again said a word to any of my kids or wife. I told them who died and left you the fashion kings of life and of whats right and wrong? no answer i think they were scared.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    He starts scolding me and says "You better not let anybody smell your breath or you could be deleted blah blah blah..

That's rich! One in my congregation always had the smell of alcohol on his breath!

To answer the question: Yes. All the ^"*-%"^ time!!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit