JW sighting at the supermarket

by Scully 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I ran into one of "them" at the supermarket a few weeks ago, and her nosy question -- AFTER she found out I hadn't attended meetings for years now -- was whether my husband and I were still together. (Hers left her for another woman or women years ago, poor thing.) I happily told her that we celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary this year. It's just sad that all they have to feel good about is the misery of those who "leave the Truth." It just bewilders them when we're happier out than in.

Nina

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Living well is the best revenge.

I see quite a few of my old "friends" from time to time. THey just can't get over the fact that I am happy and doing well outside of the "Mother Organization."

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Living well is the best revenge.

Ahhh you beat me to it! Yes, Living well IS the best revenge.

Ian, copy and paste the cake flavour into WORD, then change the font to Ariel - you'll get it then.

MMmmmmmmm J***c* A****d F***e

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I have met witnesses several times at the local food store. One such encounter occured at the check out counter, in fact all three did, but this one was really juicy, I am not DF'd nor have I DA'd myself, I seen him recognized him, I had been gone for a year and a half, and told him hi by name, well he just looked at me and ignored me, so then I told him I remember him from such and such congregation and he refused to say anything, Well the cashier at the check out stand, told me some people have no manners, (this guy is standing just in front of me) I told the cashier he was right and especially if the are jdubs like this guy is, they hate worldly people and look forward to all of us dying so that they can take your homes that you have lost, and this guys ignoring me is just a normal expression of their supposed love for manking. Well that brother couldn't leave fast enough and did as soon as finished at the stand.

Others behind me asked what religion he was and I told them he was a Jehovah Witness in fact he is a local elder and what you just seen is typical of them, they have no real love among themselves unless you are in their particular clique or family, anyone else can just not been seen in their radar. I also told them they looked forward to the death of over 6,000,000,000 people so that they can live in the new system in all the really good houses they have already picked out for themselves. they don't care about those dying they just care about themselves.

IF you don't beleive me ask the next ones who come to your door what charities they sponsor, how they heal the sick, feed the hungry, and support the poor you will be surprised at their answer becauise they don't do any of these things.

He doesn't realize it but he gave one hell of a bad witness to people who overheard us and you can believe I mentioned all the things about their supposed charity in a very loud voice. Buff

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I love it!... Keep up the good work!

I always make sure that when my mom says she's "missing something" (meaning me) to tell her that she's missing Jesus. She just doesn't get it! :) I make sure to tell her how wonderful I am doing too. And especially how much our church is growing and how much evangelizing we do and community service. I love rubbing it in every chance I get.

• agapa37
    agapa37

I couldn't help but notice how worn and tired she looked. And how her disappointment was visible at the news that we are doing just fine thanks.

Personally I think that is a strong judgement to make. How do you know She felt that way? How do you know that she is unhappy about you doing just fine, but just concerned and maybe saddened that you do not serve Jehovah anymore as outlined by the witnesss? That is not so bad is it, to be concerned about someone you feel is not doing the right thing? Even though you do not agree with her way of worship, she does and she may have genuine feeling for you because what she truely believes in as being right and beneficial, you no longer practice. That is not a bad thing in my book.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good work, buffalosrfree. Him being a jerkpiece is the greatest witness you could help him give. I mean really, would it have killed him to return your greeting? He wasn't under obligation to shun you. Instead he gets a handful of people who know what the dubs are really about.

• Scully
    Scully

agapa:

Personally I think that is a strong judgement to make. How do you know She felt that way? How do you know that she is unhappy about you doing just fine, but just concerned and maybe saddened that you do not serve Jehovah anymore as outlined by the witnesss? That is not so bad is it, to be concerned about someone you feel is not doing the right thing? Even though you do not agree with her way of worship, she does and she may have genuine feeling for you because what she truely believes in as being right and beneficial, you no longer practice.

How do I know she felt that way? She said she was busy all the time and having known her for as long as I did, and knowing her history, I made a fairly obvious assessment. I feel that my assessment of her appearing worn and tired is correct.

Are you saying that it is OK for her to make a "strong judgement" that my way of life is worth being concerned about or saddened about because she feels that I "do not serve Jehovah anymore as outlined by the witnesses"?

One thing about JWs that I do not care for is their propensity to judge people on the basis of whether their backside warms a chair at the Kingdom Hall for 5 hours and gets dragged in field service for 1-2 hours a week, while they get offended when other people "judge" them for appearing tired of that same old dull routine, and which they themselves complain about (because they don't have time for other things they'd like to do). Don't be a hypocrite, agapa. JWs JUDGE people all the time, and you know it.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    How do you know She felt that way?
    How do you know that she is unhappy

No one said anything about "knowing" except you-she gave off the impression of being so. And experience as well as statistics proves it out.

That is not so bad is it,

Who said it is "bad" except you?

because what she truely believes in as being right and beneficial,

How do you know what "she truely (sic) believes"?

That is not a bad thing in my book.

Still have doubts?
    Sounds too much like a troll.

S

• mama1119
    mama1119

Yummy!! I figured out the cake, sounds delicious!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit