Pluto is no longer a planet!

by SirNose586 29 Replies latest social current

• Makena1
    Makena1

Actually there is a lot of speculation about another planet called "X" (OK by me if they call it XENA - lol) that affects the orbits of Uranus and Jupiter - but will the Sumerians get the credit they deserve when and IF it is proven? ; ) http://xfacts.com/x2.htm

• luna2
    luna2

This is very sad news. Pluto has been decommissioned. Maybe they could call the "new" Sumerian planet PlutoX.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a sign of the last days, or something. I think it's in the revelations or in the quatrains that other wacko, wtf was his name? The guy w the dam nostrils.

S

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Pluto was lord of the underworld. Hmm, who else is considered lord of the underworld... Satan. Satan has been cast down! LOOK OUT THE BIG A IS UPON US!

• Outlawed
  • MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I bet Gustav Holst is pretty glad he left Pluto off 'The Planets Suite' now - or he'd be feeling pretty silly....(well, if he was still alive)

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

ahh, new light from scientists. guess we'll have to throw away old charts of the solar system and pretend they never existed.

• Scully
    Scully

And what about all those poor kids that made models of the solar system out of stryofoam balls?!? Are their awards of excellence all going to be revoked too? Are marks going to be taken away? Will children be unable to attend the institute of higher learning of their choice because they believed what scientists said about Pluto??

Oh the humanity!!

Man Very Early Made Jars Stand Up Nearly Perpendicular.... I won a spelling bee type contest in Grade 3 because I knew how to spell "perpendicular" when we were learning the planets of the solar system. I feel so dirty now. I may need therapy because of this.

LOL

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The guy w the dam nostrils.

lol..........cute, Satanus............actually, from another perspective, I'm wondering if decomming Pluto will affect astrological considerations....

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Pluto fell for the whole planet thing during a difficult period in its life. Thank goodness for websites like freeplanets.org and various ex-planet discussion boards. However, the trauma resulting from losing the sense of identity and community that it had during the years that it was classified as a planet will likely take years to recover from.

We can only hope that it doesn't decide to become a born-again asteroid or something along those lines, it's always sad to see a large space-rock go from the planet frying pan to the asteroid fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit