• luna2
    luna2

Dan, that was very funny!

• okie46
    okie46

So basically Pluto is being SHUNNED??

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

So, to be politically correct we can't really call them "dwarf planets." I suggest "mass-challenged spheres".

• Quandry
    Quandry

AuldSoul

Isn't that the problem? Pluto is not really spherical?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Quandry,

No. Its mass is less than a few other spherical objects that also orbit Sol including an asteroid named Ceres, but the real reason is because it does not have an orbit that clears its neighbors. Its orbit overlaps Neptune's orbit. Which, for me, raises the question of whether Neptune's orbit clears its neighbors. But that is one for the besmocked and learned.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Forscher
    Forscher
    My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets.

Ah, shoot!!! Now you ar gonna have to change it to:

My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Nothing!!!

Forscher.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

How about:

My Verbosity Easily Makes Just Speaking Unecessarily Noisy.

or:

Many Vegetarians Eschewing Meat Just Shows Unecessary Niceness.

or:

My Very Excitable Mother Just Shat Unctious Nuggets.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    So basically Pluto is being SHUNNED??

Yes. But maybe it can show repentance, and learn to clear Neptune's orbit. Wouldn't want to rebel and be out of order in the Solar Organization, right? Besides that, it needs to gain more mass so it can meet the Solar average.

In the meantime, the loving thing to do would be to not acknowledge it. Some time outside of the Solar Organization will help it to see that there's a right way to go about being a planet. Do not say a greeting to Pluto. It's allowed to maintain orbit, but that's about it.

• okie46
    okie46

SirNose I am LMAO, good one!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    guess we'll have to throw away old charts of the solar system and pretend they never existed

Keep them.......to save money all you have to do is mark an X thru it..........inserts in your textbooks will be out soon.......identifying all the changes to take place from this new light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit