Think about it - never in the history of the Society have there been so many changes, annoucements and campaigns than in 2006. Only in 1975, could the mass hysteria of the imminent end of the world be said to equal or surpass this year's activity.
What has been the case this year?
1) Mass lay-off of hundreds of Bethelites.
2) Awake! goes monthly.
3) A rare tract campaign to advertise the District Convention.
4) The Deliverance At Hand District Convention itself, whose sole theme is that "Deliverance is soon!"
5) Rumors of more Brooklyn properties being sold off.
6) Announcement of another special campaign, this time to place the Awake! article on Creation
7) Rumours of a shocking announcement in September
8) The next study book to be considered is Revelation! It's Grand Climax At Hand!
9) The September Kingdom Ministry contains 70 corrections, additions and deletions for the Revelation book.
10) Yet another announcement of a Kingdom News #37 campaign: "False Religion's End Is Near"
Does anyone see a pattern here? What is their aim? This year is certainly different from previous years I can say that. There is something happening here, I just can't put my finger on it.
Maybe someone will have some interesting notes on the upcoming Annual Meeting held in October.