How Many JW's Does It Take To 'Change A Lightbulb'?

by Outaservice 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I've heard this before used with some ethnic group.

Question: "How many __________ does it take to change a lightbulb?"

Answer: "One to hold the bulb and three to turn the ladder around."

With regard to the JWs: change it any way you like. E.g. There has to be a meeting to determine if the bulb is burnt out. Then only a brother in good standing can hold the bulb with ministerial servants with 10 hours or more in service to turn the ladder around - with prayer before and after.

L

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Then only a brother in good standing can hold the bulb with ministerial servants with 10 hours or more in service to turn the ladder around - with prayer before and after.

Aint that the truth.

A comittee of three brothers in good standing. Or one sister. A sister can do it only if there are no brothers present, and she has to wear a teatowel on her head while doing it.

• Warlock
    Warlock

A resolution should do it..............all in favor, raise your hand, and say "aye".

Warlock

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I second that (even tho I dont have any manberries)

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Would the person changing the lightbulb be able to count their time?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Only if the lightbulb wasnt baptised. If it was your screwed (so to speak)

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

darn..that throws a spanner into the works then doesn't it kate?...oh well, they could always go on return visits instead...

• Asheron
    Asheron

ZERO

Why bother. The end of this old system of things is right around the corner. What would it hurt to be in the dark for a few more days. Heck, the WTBT has been in the dark for over 100 years and it aint hurt them none!

or

Why bother. Just move into a new house with working lightbulbs after Jehovah kills everyone...YEA

• Skoshi
    Skoshi

"Nobody actually changes the lightbulb..WBTS just tells them it`s a "NewLight" bulb..Jehovah`s Witness`s accept the story,and continue to walk around in the dark...OUTLAW."

Indeed, this is the most "spot-on" answer of all!

Skoshi

• bubble
    bubble

LOL!! Loads of funny answers.

Katie I loved your bit about a sister doing it but having to wear a teatowel on her head. How were we ever part of that madness???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit