Sunday School for little WITLESSES?

by hamsterbait 15 Replies latest jw friends

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Its funny this subject was brought up. ; There was a woman in my mom's hall who took it upon herself to start up a "Sunday School" (although it was not called that) for all the little witness kids. ; Word got out and it wound up being more like a babysitting service. ; Word got out further and the elders put a stop to it saying it was the individual parents' obligation to teach their own children. ; This took place just last year.

And it's the elder's obligation to tell parents specifically how to go about doing that, huh.

• vitty
    vitty

Actually Im suprised they dont try and indoctinate kids like this. I think teenagers dont want to go to meetings cos theyve had a belly full after 10 years of trying to sit still

My son at 18 months just to scream while hanging onto the doorpost "im not going in, im not going in.....i want to go home"

Now if hed had a great time during a meeting he could be still going.........maybe not LOL

And hey if we adults had to suffer why not the kids..........................."suffer little children come unto me"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My mom was saying to me the other day that she would have my niece come and stay with her except that she didn't like going to the meetings. Amber is 5 years old. Of COURSE she doesn't like going to the meetings! But she doesn't get to stay with gramma on Sat nights anymore because she won't go(she misses Sunday School and church!). I really need to talk to my brother and sis in law about letting her go anyway. I am kind of surprised that they allow it as I know how much of his JW life was spent getting spanked in the ladies room of the local hall. I don't remember him going much past 6-8 years old. Still trying to figure out how he managed that.

I have made it clear that my son is not to go to meetings. He has never been invited to spend the night with grandma. Ever. He is 6, and my mom keeps saying that it is because he doesn't "listen". He listens as well as any 6 year old. I wouldn't let him stay over there anyway anymore, but I know he feels bad as Gramma tells him he is so naughty. I think her attitude towards him is some sort of passive aggressive thing and I am the real issue, but I am also her best friend and she doesn't want to 'lose' me. She couldn't anyway! I love her. No matter what.

There were 2 twin sisters, and I used to study with them when I was a young teenager. They were both very loving and kind girls, both young married women. They went to a JW school in LA. It had been started because of the flag controversy. I don't think they were ever 'bad' kids, though one of them married a pompous jerk(abusive I think), later divorced him and got a kind husband.

I have mentioned our 'youth group' WT study on Sat. nights was cancelled after a year + or so. The elders had chaperoned it, and had no problem until the one WT discussion on 1975. Problem with all those kids, you get them together, and they come up with ideas and insights on their own, and in a forum where they are more free to express them, THEY DO. Thats dangerous in that organization. People thinking, and all.

• serendipity
    serendipity
    Fake dub kids in affluent areas are the worst.

I have a cousin who fit that description. He's snot.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Problem with all those kids, you get them together, and they come up with ideas and insights on their own, and in a forum where they are more free to express them, THEY DO. Thats dangerous in that organization. People thinking, and all.

This is so true JWDaughter. When I took a college prep Humanities class in High School, it was the beginning of my exploration into critical thinking.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

SirNose

Were you ever in the vista area in the late 80's, early 90's? My sisters, brother, and stepdaddy dearest was. My one sister "pioneered". She'd tell me how they'd all party, then get up and "go in service". Which meant they'd go crash!!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit