So is America finally getting wiser? Who still believes this nonsense?

by Jourles 76 Replies latest social current

• Jourles
    Jourles
    and then fly that airplane into the World Trade Center at 600 mph, specifically to kill innocent citizens who have done nothing wrong except show up for work that morning, I call them terrorists.

And these guys have what to do with Iraq? Wasn't that the work of Osama(who's probably roaming around somewhere in Afganistan)? Oh, that's right. Bush and Co. said it was Iraq and Saddam. Or wait, isn't that what they meant to say? I'm confused. I was beginning to think that this thread was about why we were in Iraq.

But yes, I agree that the guys who flew into the WTC were terrorists. That's an easy label. But what about the guys in Iraq that are pissed off due to the unwarranted invasion of their country? Those guys are terrorists too? You really didn't address my scenario so I'm not sure where the WTC comment came from.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Your type of apologist leanings puts you plainly on the side of the terrorists of this world, and against western democracy. Seems a shame, doesn't it, that you have to live here in our barbarian society, rather than being with your fundamentalist Islamic spiritual comrades.

Apologist leanings - HA! All I'm saying is, PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES and how would YOU react to the situation?

It is a shame that I have to live under a government that will LIE through its teeth to make itself appear as the Savior to the world. It's about time the people speak up and point out the government's errors and falsehoods. It pisses me off that they feel it is OK to lie to the American Public. If that puts me "plainly on the side of the terrorists of this world," so be it. But I will be damned if others will label me as a friend of the terrorists simply because I am absolutely fed up with the lies and deceit of the Bush administration and will vocalize such opinions.

• james_woods
    james_woods

But I will be damned if others will label me as a friend of the terrorists simply because I am absolutely fed up with the lies and deceit of the Bush administration and will vocalize such opinions.

So you feel it is more important for you to vocalize against Bush than to vocalize against radical Islam?

You said it yourself - if that is the way you feel, then so be it.

• Mary
    Mary

Most Americans that I've spoken to do not agree with George Dubya's 'War on Terror'. Funny how you can lie to 250,000,000 about WMD, be responsible for thousands of deaths and put the country into debt to the tune of over a trillion dollars and you're not impeached. I guess that's because Georige Boy didn't commit the unforgivable sin and have a 21 year old on her knees in the Oval Office when he was implementing the plans for invasion.

MinisterAmos said: Not sure how they do it up there in "little America" Mary, but in the real US we only impeach Presidents when they break the law. Being a stupid, dumb-ass, greedy Texan (notice I did not use American because the two have different agendas) is not against the law unfortunately.
    The bastard told a bold-face LIE to the American people and to the world about Iraq having WMD. Isn't that what Ken Starr wanted to impeach Clinton for? Not because he had an affair, but because he lied about it? The very seriousness of Georgie-Boys lies is not a triffle matter. He's responsible for thousands of deaths because of this bullshit war, and has the invasion made the world a safer place? Absolutely not. If anything, it's made it far, far worse. He should have gone after Bin Laden and Al Quaida on September 12th, 2001. Don't gimme that crap that they can't find him. The US government managed to track an imported cow from Edmonton, Alberta and miraculously knew it had Mad Cow Disease, yet they can't find the most wanted terrrorist in the world?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    So you feel it is more important for you to vocalize against Bush than to vocalize against radical Islam?

That's correct. But only from the standpoint that I live under his control. I have never lived under Islamic rule so I cannot comment about it(seems to work fine in Saudi Arabia - the US leaves them alone and considers them a great ally). And I assume that you haven't either. But if you were born and raised under Islamic tenets, I'm sure your ideology would be much different than your current beliefs.

Still looking to avoid any comment on my scenario, eh?

• Jourles
    Jourles

Don't gimme that crap that they can't find him. The US government managed to track an imported cow from Edmonton, Alberta and miraculously knew it had Mad Cow Disease, yet they can't find the most wanted terrrorist in the world?

LOL. Good example. If Osama was found and killed, what face could Georgie boy put up in his place to scare people then? He needs Poster Boy Osama the Terrorist to stay alive so he can further his goals, whatever f**ked up goals they may be.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I don't know if the Americans think they need more of a share than China or India, Simon, But eventually with the over use of oil in these three countries......In a few years not to far off...A committtee will have to be set up for the purpose of imposing how many barrels of oil each country will be portioned. China is suffering from acid rain and pollution....who woulda thought that 10 years ago!

• TopHat
    TopHat
    It's obvious that the people of Iraq don't want what the U.S. is offer and our soldiers are dying for. At this point in time Iraq should be divided into three regions - Kurds, Sunnis & Shittes and we should leave.

Best Idea I have heard all day! But who could displace millions of people from their homes?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

james,

The problem is that you, and your ilk do not seem to be able to understand people like myself who both vocalize about Bush and radical Islam. You just seem to understand a world of extremes, 'us and them', 'for us or against us'. The problem is that this attitude, which is one expressed almost universally by the Bush administration will only create more terrorists and more blood, and less education about the issues at hand. We need to be able to see both sides of the coin to see a way forward here.

What is interesting is that those like myself who opposed the invasion of Iraq from day one clearly saw what would happen in Iraq. Search my posts on the matter, and that of others with similar views, and you will see that we only predicted blood, civil war, and strife for Iraq for the decade ahead. It did not, and does not take a rocket scientists to know where this was all heading.

I have noticed though that many who were once gung-ho for the invasion have now taken a step back and proclaim the invasion to be a 'good idea, badly done'. In time they will see it to have been a bad idea, badly done. Even more telling are those who utter outrage at the radical Islamist call to murder all infidels, while they themselves call for the Middle East to be 'nuked', and speak of innocent deaths as a neccessary evil. Two sides of the same coin imho. Both uneducated, reactionary and primitive in political concept.

HS

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, Hillary_Step - the person of whom that question was asked stated in his reply that he thought it was more important.

You think that George Bush "creates" terrorists? I think that radical Islamic mullahs create Islamic terrorists.

You think that James and others of my "ilk" are uneducated because we do not see things your way?

I think that a lot of the "educators" who want to see things your way are crazy.

Ward Churchill comes to mind by way of example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit