Judicial committee experiences.

by Zico 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Avoid being DF'd by a Judicial Committee:

Take along a friend and offer it to the Committee

• freetosee
    freetosee

I think Zico is reffering to this thread of his http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118972/1.ashx and wants to show his jw friend the unscriptural manner the judicial committees are proceeded. fts

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have never been in the "back room," however, my teen daughter, straight A student, shy, never been in trouble in the congo or school was.

There was a small group of girls, teens, that were feeling grown up in the summer. My teen tasted alcohol, took a couple of puffs from a cig., and did a couple of other silly teen things.

What the elders did was use police tactics to get each girl to blame the other, including outright lies, slander, and false accusations.

My daughter and her Dad had to wait in a room for four and one half hours before they began the meeting, after nine at night.

The committee forced all the girls "name the ringleader of the gang." It was absured. There was no such thing, but they wouldn't take no for an answer.

They assured my husband that there was no accusation of fornication, then in the second JC meeting, spent over two and one half hours reading every condemning scripture in the Bible and applying them to her, trying to force her to admit to fornication.

They humiliated, berated, and demeaned her, and each time she would say she did not commit fornication, they would sneer, and say, NO, NO! and shake their heads.

They finally, at the end, called her a liar, made her read a scripture at Rev.and applied it to her-God viewed her as filth, and she would burn in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels.

There was not the first kind word, there was no counsel on the things she actually did do, and no chance of coming out of that room without being df'd.

The chairman told her she was df'd and if she was still df'd at Armageddon, she could take some comfort in knowing that Jehovah can read hearts.

The meeting was over at about one in the morning. She had school the next day.

Do you imagine that this was a most dissilutioning experience?

In short, they threw away the instuctions for holding a JC meeting. Made up their own rules. After all, there is no one to check their hand.

• Purza
    Purza

I have been in two JC meetings. I have basically blocked them out of my head as they were very stressful situations for me the time.

The first time I told them I was repentant, but refused to do what the asked (dump my worldly boyfriend) -- so they DF'd me. Too many people knew what I had done. They needed me as an example. And quite honestly, in JW thinking -- I deserved it. I do not remember the elders to be kind and loving. This JC took place in the library of the KH.

The second time I went to a JC was for loose conduct. I was older with a child and I BEGGED them not to DF me. I BEGGED them not to publicly reprove me. And they didn't. I was privately reproved and could not give talks. Oh darn. One of the elders in that JC had taken me under his wing and I think he felt sorry for me. This JC took place in an elder's home office.

Both committees asked pointed questions about the "acts" I had committed. Not something I wish to re-live.

Purza

• Arthur
    Arthur

Judicial committess vary quite a bit. It depends on the congregation, the body of elders, and what kind of conduct the person was involved in. I was involved in two of them. Both times, the brothers were very kind and gentle. I didn't even feel like I was in trouble. It felt more like a job interview.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

"They assured my husband that there was no accusation of fornication, then in the second JC meeting, spent over two and one half hours reading every condemning scripture in the Bible and applying them to her, trying to force her to admit to fornication.

They humiliated, berated, and demeaned her, and each time she would say she did not commit fornication, they would sneer, and say, NO, NO! and shake their heads.

They finally, at the end, called her a liar, made her read a scripture at Rev.and applied it to her-God viewed her as filth, and she would burn in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels. "

If this happened to my teenage daughter (if I had one of course), the elders would have had their noses broken. It terrifies me to think of the experiences some must have had at these meetings.

I got in trouble for a relatively minor offence (weed smoking) a few years back. I had to go and see 2 elders in the back room. One was really nice, the other got incredibly aggressive and confrontational - he was normally a decent, quiet guy. The old good cop/ bad cop routine. All I had to do was say it wouldn't happen again and that was that. I'm only an unbapt pub tho.

• James Free
    James Free
    If this happened to my teenage daughter (if I had one of course), the elders would have had their noses broken. It terrifies me to think of the experiences some must have had at these meetings.

That reminds me of an incident a few years ago. An elder was taking too much attention towards one man's wife. He claimed he was giving spiritual help. One day the husband went to the elder's home and found him alone in a room with his wife. He broke the elder's nose!

At first, the elders wanted to disfell. the man, but he told all who would listen about it and all sympathy went to him. So next they decided to reprove them both, and remove the elder. Three weeks after the announcement there was another one - the elder was reinstated and no longer reproved! It seems the other elders had not followed all the 'procedures' correctly in announcing it.

As for the husband who broke the elder's nose - he remained reproved.

Justice for elders is a rare thing if you have the right friends!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit