Judicial committee experiences.

by Zico 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

Hi all,

Recently I’ve been doing a lot of research on Judicial committees, as my friend is currently going through one, as mentioned here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118972/1.ashx

I Just posted an update.

One thing I’ve noticed in my research, is that there is NO scriptural support to back up the Judicial committee system. I intend to make a post about this in future. Right now though, in order to help my research, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share any judicial committee experiences they have with me? I am a good JW and have never been involved in a Judicial Committee... but I want to get an idea of how they work and what goes on so I can have the best hope of helping my friend deal with the situation, so I would be interested in hearing any experiences which would help me with this.

Thanks!

• mama1119
    mama1119

A GOOD JW!!!! WOW!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!

• Zico
    Zico

Hi Mama! 'Good JW' was meant to be sarcastic! I meant 'Good JW' from the viewpoint of the elders. Good in the sense that the elders have never had a reason to complain about me, and I have always done as I'm told. So it's not really something I'm proud of! I only found this site recently, and this is the first time I've had the courage to fight against something within the Org. But they don't know that I'm helping my friend with his committee, so from their viewpoint, I'm still a 'Good JW' And of course, the elders don't know I post here either!

• done4good
    done4good

All I can say is, until you've been the subject of one, you can't believe FOR SURE that they are all that bad. I can honestly tell you, when it occurs to you that those three elders have the ability to take your ENTIRE life away, (somtimes WANTING TO), you would be scared shit too. That experience spoke VOLUMES to me.

j

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

If he gets a group of elders that are moderate and liberal then he'll be fine. All he has to do to keep from being DF is confess, state the facts and say that he feels remorse and hopes that Jah will forgive him. Depending on the reaction to that he may even add that he finds it difficult to approach Jah in prayer because he feels so guilty. He also needs to sound genuine when he does this and not rehearsed. Also he should avoid trying to justify or explain how the sin happened, showing regret is sufficient enough. Unless of course how it happened could be a learning experience and they like it when the person realizes what led them into "sin" i.e. I was drunk and went home with a skank from the bar... I wasnt thinking clearly and I have a problem with alcohol too. Please help me! They eat that up..

If he wronged another person make sure he attempts to apologize to that person as well since not doing so is not repentant to the elders. Basically he needs to be really sorry, show it, display it, crying may help or hurt depending on the circumstances. Most elders, even hardliners will not DF someone for doing what I outlined. Liberal elders you can even skate by with less theatrics.

• DannyHaszard
  • earthtone
    earthtone

My mother cried and begged for them not to disfellowship her and they did. I was truly shocked. I mean she begged. I don't know how they could be so cold-hearted. Incidently it was the same brothers on my JC, that Df'd me.

• sspo
    sspo

Can you give more info. why is going thru this and how does he feel about what he did.

Do you guys want to trick them? You want help in what?

• freetosee
    freetosee

Hi Zico,

the Elders Manual is available for free download "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to the Flock"! (PDF or HTML) http://www.reexamine.info/90s/flock_book_with_notes_small.pdf (9 MB)
    http://www.reexamine.info/90s/flock_book_with_notes_large.pdf (53 MB)

Hope is helps your research. fts

• hopie
    hopie

HI ZICO.....
    YES, WE NEED TO KNOW ALITTLE BIT MORE INFORMATION, IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE 
    IN TELLING US WHAT HE IS UP BEFORE THE COMMITTEE MEETING FOR, THAT IS FINE,
    MAYBE YOU CAN SAY WHETHER IS IT REAL SERIOUS OR NOT.
    THE OUTCOME PRETTY MUCH DEPENDS ON THE KIND OF MEN THAT ARE ON THE JUDICIAL 
    COMMITTEE, SOME ARE VERY SINCERE AND LOVING AND SOME ARE JUST THE OPPOSITE.
    MY HUSBAND WAS AN ELDER FOR 15 YEARS, AND HE TOLD ME OF SOME HORROR STORIES OF THE 
    THE ATTITUDES SOME ELDERS HAD, LIKE SHOWING NO COMPASSION.
    AS MENTIONED BY THE ABOVE COMMENTS, ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS THE ELDERS LOOK FOR
    IS HUMILITY AND REPENDENCE.
    HOPIE 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit