The irritating slant to almost everything negative I have seen on Witnesses

by free2beme 23 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was actually shocked at first, to find almost all major religions have a video or brochure on the Witnesses. All the ones I saw, written by other religions, had an end message of how coming into their faith was the better choice.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yuck. That would be like reading an awake about Catholics.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There are two very different methods of defining a cult - religious and behavioral.

The religious metheds focuses on the teachings. Most Christian churches will adopt this form of identification especially when a "religion" claims to be Christian. There is nothing wrong with this method except that it is va ery focused approach.

The behavioral method places the focus not on what they believe but rather how they gain new members and how they control them once they are "in".

Regardless of which method you use when dealing with the WTS they are shown to be a cult. The distinction is important in both cases.

The behavioral method provides a wider focus and doesn't limit itself to Christian vs. non-Christian. The behavioral method can use the criteria to examine the practices of any group.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just went back and read some of the other posts. It is amazing that after over 100 years of preaching people still know so little about the JWs. So much for their extensive preaching.

People often confuse the WT teachings with what the Mormons (or other groups) believe, when they talk about them at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit