Am I angry? Hell, yes!

by Fatfreek 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Thanks AuldSoul

• Shining One
    Shining One

My advice is: just let it go. Forgive them for all that was done and is being done. That doesn't mean that you have to trust any of them. When we let our bitterness go and make a decision to forgive, though there is still pain a wonderful thing happens. The pain soon goes away. If we practice that in life with all persons then they have no real power over us. We are not reacting to their ignorance or malice, as we are in control of our own emotional mood. Bitterness can build up and leave us depressed and maybe even suicidal. It can affect us in many ways. The past is just that. We only have the future and the ever changing present.
    Rex

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Damn people, 27 years out, 30 years out, get a life! Life sucks. People are mean and stupid. Just be glad you have the good things in life and make the most of it.

Did I just agree with Shining One?

• elatwra
    elatwra

Even if just one child died because of the blood policy, or one molester went away free because of the two witnesses rule then you have the right to be angry. You would have to be dead not to be angry at such injustices.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Everyone is vulnerable to group think and control. Human history is one long string of people hurting others as a result of delusion and zealotry. You might as well as be be angry at the human race. I'm not condoning the harm resulting from delusion and zealotry, in fact those who follow my posts know I'm aggressively opposed to it. I'm just aware that we need perspective with our experience. The WTS is just one of hundreds of high control religious groups that perennially abuse the trust of their members.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

PeacefulPete: Everyone is vulnerable to group think and control. ... The WTS is just one of hundreds of high control religious groups that perennially abuse the trust of their members.

Agreed, of course. But I, along with most on this forum, are focused and interested in the specific abuse that we've received at the hands of the WTBTS . We know firsthand that it's happening, we think we know some of the mechanics of why it's happening, and therefore we are in a unique eyewitness position and can pass along our experiences to help new ones and lurkers who happen by.

This, in no way, diminishes the horrors that other groups may experience. Those groups, in turn, will have their own activists who can pass along similar help.

I, for one, will not passively sit by and not help, or caution, others that are (or were) in my same situation.

Fats

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

BTTT

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

There are those who were not over achievers but still gave the same emotional committment though. The ones who always felt guity for not doing enough or felt bad because of "that movie" or "that book" or "that song". I think a good deal of the bitterness comes not only from being "fooled" into believing in the religion but also the pain of being proven wrong. Human nature is to not want to accept being wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit