Am I angry? Hell, yes!

by Fatfreek 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Why are departing JW's bitter? I say the bitterness is directly proportional to the amount of emotional committment we made to their teachings. If we accepted them wholeheartedly, the bitterness was immense as we discovered the lies and coverups, while getting the blame on the missed date predictions, and seeing the ever-increasing legalistic structure of the Society, not to even mention the shunning by loved ones who still remain.
    I say a minority of those leaving the organization fit into this category. Many of the elders and the gung-ho sisters fit here. Most of the Bethelites, pioneers, and district and circuit overseers probably fit as well. Probably most of the posters on this forum would fall in this class.
    I say further that a majority fit into the mold of what we called the "other brothers", those who seldom made their quotas, lacked in taking responsibility, and attended the meetings sporadically. At our elder meetings a number -- 80 or 90 percent -- frequently got bandied around, this being the ratio of the brothers fitting this group. Those with not a lot of emotional committment, those who could care less one way or the other.
    I could be wrong. Twenty-nine years out after a twenty-one year hitch.

Fats

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Come join my Apostate Militia, we are currently working on exploding doors

By the way where the heck is Justice One??

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think I am in touch with my anger or I am so angry about it all that I am scared to face it.

Sometimes I feel that when I am able to let it all out I will be so much better

like screaming/purging all the poison out of me.

If it was only that easy.

It comes to the surface like a shaken bottle of pop.....

purps

• parakeet
    parakeet

FF:
    ***I say the bitterness is directly proportional to the amount of emotional committment we made to their teachings.***
    I'm 27 years out after 14 years in. I was never really committed to the JW ideology, and when I left I was happy to forget about it.
    But earlier this year, I started researching the JWs on the internet for the first time. I always thought I had a rough time with the JWs, but when I started reading about how much worse it was for so many others, I finally found my anger. It seems wrong to me now to turn my back on my JW past when so many continue to suffer from the WTS lies.
    I don't know how this fits with your theory, but am I angry? Hell, yes!

• Sasha
    Sasha

I'm not angry. I'm soooo grateful that I did not get baptized after studying on and off for almost 40 years. I am learning so much MORE about bible teachings now, then the misleading things I learned while in with the JW. Not agry at all. OK, a little insulted that no one has reached out to me. Thought they would be in hot pursuit. Not a call from anyone...Am I being shunned???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Worldly Andre,

Here's your sign:

• dvw
    dvw

i was not really hurt by the society, in fact i think i came out winning the jackpot. but, i too have a boatload of anger. basically, my wife had her childhood stolen from her. i know of some gal's who were totally wrecked by the society, and dont even know it. they are 40 years old and have absolutely no prospects of meeting any one who would want to spend a life with them. the sad part is, they desperately yearn for a mate. i dont like to see people get screwed. the society has mangled millions. and they would be perfectly happy to do the same to me and mine. i hope i live long enough to see them utterly exposed and humiliated by what they have done. i would really like to find one of the governing boobies in a dark alley.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think it is a level of the mind in dealing with what life has dealt us and natural emotion that does run it's course. Sometimes that course is longer for one person, then it is for others.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

My grown JW kids don't telephone, write or e-mail me. Angry? Yes. Hurt? Yes. Frustrated? Yes.

Disappointed? Yes. Forgotten? Absolutely.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Great topic FF...

I started researching the JWs on the Internet for the first time. I always thought I had a rough time with the JWs, but when I started reading about how much worse it was for so many others, I finally found my anger.

Yup. Couldn't have said it better. Twenty years plus in, thirty years gone. Internet research knocked me in the head.

Pay attention lurkers. Do you see the common thread that runs through all our comments? Think about it...take a hard look at yourself. Do you really want to live a life of misery? Listen to the old wt veterans and learn. You'll be glad you did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit