Time to criticize another religion: Islam

by SonoftheTrinity 20 Replies latest social current

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndersonsInfo - "The heading of the Atlantic article reads: "...It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse."

Really good article; thanks for linking to it.

It reminded me of something, actually...

...I've always enjoyed writing as a hobby.

At the start of my fade (not that I realized it at the time), I wrote an outline for a seven-part novel/film series that was, in many ways, a liberal interpretation of WT eschatology (it affirmed it whilst simultaneously subverting it).

Part 4 detailed the actual Apocalypse itself, and I had heavily researched all the conditions that could or would contribute to the near-mass-extinction of humanity. However, by the time I'd finished that Part, I was so depressed, I couldn't revisit the remainder of the outline for a good three months.

I couldn't figure out why at first.

I thought long and hard on it and it finally struck me; because I'd spelled it out so vividly and graphically to myself (in a way I never had before), I had come to the point where I no longer wanted Armageddon to actually happen (needless to say, it had - among other things - ceased to be my own personal Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich -flavored supernatural revenge fantasy).

It wasn't long after that I concluded that Apocalypticism is a supremely unhealthy worldview.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit