WERE THERE ANY PIONEERS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    there really was a Pioneer Chicken fast food place

Ohhhh I see!

I thought you meant like one of those enormous 'man in a foam suit' mascots, like on South Park where the school has a competition to have a new mascot and they nominate a giant douche and a shit sandwich, and two guys get up in giant douche and shit sandwich outfits.

I thought maybe the Pioneer Chicken would do the rounds of a Sunday handing out flyers at Kingdum Hall and encouraging young dubs to join the full time service of Jehoober. Now pass me the drugs ...

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

You know what is really funny, they all used to meet there after service on Saturdays, Like it was the Place to go eat after banging on doors all day. Ummm Friend Chicken Watchtower style

• Legolas
    Legolas

The year I pioneered was the year our old hall had the most...There were 13 of us.

And out of the 13, 3 where what we called 'Phantom' pioneers....They where on the list but never went out in service...They all quit, but the hall never knew!..LOL

And me...well I only got my hours in till around March or April!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Legolas yes thats all fine but did you eat chicken whilst you pioneered? ha ha ha

• Legolas
    Legolas

..... LOL

• loosie
    loosie

Yes we had a lot of pioneers. I remember one in particular that hit me with a rolled up boustia. It hurt because it had those plastic bones in it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

One cong. I was in only had one pioneer for the longest time. She really enjoyed all the attention she got. Then another pioneer joined the ranks, and the first one was not happy to share the spotlight.

In another cong. there were 9 pioneers, and any unmarried person who wasn't pioneering was marked. That meant me.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes, at my cong in Taos, NM there were about 7. At my cong in Los Angeles, there were none. I don't remember how many or if there were any in the Red Bluff, CA cong.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Over the years, many, including for a one year, me.

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit