Here we go - elder's hassle AK Jeff - round three.....

by AK - Jeff 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• vitty
    vitty

I enjoyed that, its the only language they understand. Although Ive read really good letters of DA, I really wonder how many of them fall on deaf ears ?

I do think though they will treat your letter as a DA letter because you mentioned in it that you dont consider to be one of JWs anymore and as for being reasonable towards your wife, why would they this is were they get their "power" kicks from.

Goodluck

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Aren't you assuming he can read? Sounds like some primevel baboon to me.

Could be you are right. Actually this guy was one I 'helped into the Truth'. He and I were best of friends for a long time. He is now a major player in the local cult and plays follow the leader with the best of 'em. If Crooklyn told him to go to the roof of the KH and dance naked on his birthday - he would do it. And wonder why no one else was there.

G'day Ozzie. How is it down under? Gotta go and drink that morning coffee now, but saw your post and wanted to acknowledge before I left.

Jeff

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I do think though they will treat your letter as a DA letter because you mentioned in it that you dont consider to be one of JWs anymore and as for being reasonable towards your wife, why would they this is were they get their "power" kicks from.

Yep, they don't see the need to play 'by the rules' of decent behavior.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jeff:

I'm just drinking a short black with ya ('s ok, I've had my bottle of shiraz!!).

• WhereToGo?
    WhereToGo?

Hey Jeff,

I truly feel for your situation. I myself am in Indy and have been contemplaiting the best way to go out. I would love to fade since my whole family refuses to accept any kind of reason and would certainly play the shunning game. I must admit I am a bit envious of your courage and determination. Your letter says so many things that I wish I could say to the elders of my hall! I hope all goes well! Send some advice my way if you want!

As a side note, today sure is another great day for golf!!!

Where to Go

• mama1119
    mama1119

Good Luck AK-Jeff!!! (oops, I said good luck)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WhereToGo - an appropriate screen name, eh?

Welcome to the forum, and I feel privilaged that you chose to post the first time on my thread.

I and Wifey left three years back this January. I have basically hung around [in the sense of not allowing them to get to me and Df me yet] for the reason that I hoped some of the 'friends' would perk up and maybe I could help extricate them from the cult too. No such luck. My cousin, who is in another congregation, was my closest friend for 35 years or so. He too has decided that loyalty to the Brooklyn Book Club is more important than a relationship with me. I have gone thru all the phases that you either have or will go thru as you leave. As I review my healing process, mostly recorded right here on JWD, I recognise that I am a totally different man than I was when I left. Mostly that is shaped, not by differing values than before, but by totally differing perspective than before.

Once the fear leaves, driven by the concept that has been so tightly indoctrinated within witnesses, that God and Jesus chose this organization as exclusively the one with 'Christianity', then comes the sense of individuality that has been repressed as witnesses. Freedom.

I would suggest you read all you can here and on forums that give histories of persons who left the organization. You will see over and over again similarities in the wrongs they percieved. You will recognise that perhaps those same doubts are under the surface for you too. If you need to fade -ok. Most cannot do so for long times, due to the feelings of living a lie. Many just leave and DA and be done with it. That is prob the best way to go for most. But I think most take some months or years to be sure that is the course they want and that will work the best for them.

A wonderful poster here - Ozzie - once stated to me that I needed to remember that the witnesses were but 'associates' for us. They were not true and loyal friends, and will not ever be that to us once we see the reality. He was dead right. [As he usually is.] Once we reach that point, it gets easier to just let it go and get on with life. I think I have reached that point now. Shortly the ax will fall on me. Happily I have reached the point now where it is of no concern what they do. Ain't freedom great? Once again welcome. PM me anytime.

Jeff

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hey, Jeff! Don't let them sweet-talk you into coming back, hear?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hey, Jeff! Don't let them sweet-talk you into coming back, hear?
    No chance of that, be assured! I feel a need to stand at a distance whilst mourning 'Too bad, too bad great city. ' Soon nothing will be heard in her but the cry of jackals and the spitting cobra. Or something like that. LOL Nope - not ever going back that is for sure. Jeff

• lowden
    lowden

You Jeff, are a particularly eloquent man.

Brilliant letter!

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit