I miss the 'good old days'!

by Outaservice 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Lets see now.........

Monday night: Prepare for the Tuesday night book study I will conduct. Also, have the family Monday night Watchtower study preparation.

Tues night: Drive over to an almost inactive Brother's house to conduct the book study. Prepared questions for the children ahead of time. The answer was always 'God's Organization'!

Wednesday night: Prepare for the Theocratic Misery School which I will conduct. Also, prepare a talk or two for the Brother's who called in sick this week at the last minute. Prepare a Service Meeting part (Giving someone 'hell' for not doing enough!) Can you do more?

Thursday night: Two plus hours of bad songs and talks. Getting tired as the week progresses. After the meeting, have another meeting with a sister in the library. She was doing what??????

Friday night: Quick buy some groceries but get done as soon as possible as we have a committee meeting at 7:30 tonight. Oh no, she did it again! Try to get to bed as early as possible, Saturday morning field service you know, want to be as fresh as possible to conduct the field service text, etc.

Saturday morning: Hit the doors a little. (Had to hire someone to mow my lawn) Arrange for a pre Watchtower study at another brother's house in the evening. He needs a little encouragement. Hummmm, might get a little popcorn and sing a few Kingdom songs. What great fun!

Sunday morning: Get up early for the Public Talk which I get to give and then the Watchtower study. Bring a sandwich to the Hall so I can get right out in the afternoon field service. To hell, with the football game. Conduct the weekly family study Sunday night. (The Revelation Book again, Ha.)

Man, I miss the good old days!

Outaservice (who wishes he was back having fun again)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Geesh, sounds like you need a vacation

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Were you in one of those congregations with only 3 people? Seems like you took a lot of the meetings. What a drag.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Hey Babe , The Good Old Days are NOW...you deserve to make a few better memories ! What you just described was a slow torture .

• heathen
    heathen

I guess that's what they call , "always having something to do in the work of the lord". At least you weren't like alot of the elders are , seems like they always try to find ways to get down somebodies pants in between all that , including children .

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I miss the 'good old days'

I don't. They were old, but not particularly good anyway.

I'd rather be looking back on them than forward to them, that's for sure.

• anewme
    anewme

I too lived the "good old days" runnaround. How did we do it???? WHY DID WE DO IT????

My sensors go off now when I feel myself being manipulated or pressured into service of any kind.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings outaservice,

Me too! Driving 25 miles to get home, and wolf down supper, then...

Monday: Study with an drug addict-alkie who lives out in Tinbuck2 for five years.

Tuesday: Yell at the kids to stop fooling around eat supper cuz we have a meeting. Book study at our house, set up the chairs, wait for Brother Won't Take Off His Goddamn Shoes Off" to show up and conduct the study. Others kids keep getting up with their "I gotta go'd the bathroon and constantly keep flushing the toilet so as to not have to sit there and listen to boring crap.

Wednesday: pseudo family book study. or prepare foolish destruction talk, or the no.4 talk. Took me hours!

Thursday: Wolf down supper. To the hall we go. Weeeeeeeeeeee.

Friday: Screw everyone I'm staying home.

Saturday: Rise & shine family, we have to go wake people up with our un-invited un-welcomed assinine visits. Then mow lawn at KH for free.

Sunday: Rise & shine family It's Party time .....

Yeah I miss the good ole' days

Dismembered

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

geeze you men had it so much easier..

womens schedule..

Monday, morning... read text w/ kids , send them off to school, get husband off to work.. take his suit to dry cleaners on the way to service..

monday afternoon.. get home before kids, start supper, make sure laundry for tuesday night book study is done...

monday night.. study book study with kids (with or without husband), do personal bible reading, go over service notes make sure i dont have any calls i have to make tommorow..make sure dishes are done and food taken out of freezer to thaw for next couple days..

tuesday morning..read text with kids, send them off to school, get husband off to work, pick up dry cleaning.

tuesday afternoon.. go to bible study with sister needsahand... get home before kids , start supper,make snack for book study, get kids bathed for meeting make sure all the books and bibles are ready to go..

tuesday night.. do supper dishes, get kids ready, get self ready, get husband ready, HURRY UP BEFORE WE"RE LATE!!! its snack night so gotta grab the cookies i made earlier today ... sit thru hour of meeting..make sure kids comment, keep kids quiet, enjoy snacks..rush home and get cranky tired kids to do their homework and do personal bible reading, get to bed...

wed morning.. read text with kids, send them off to school, get husband off to work. go out in service..

wed afternoon.. lunch break then finish days service with back calls... get home before kids, start supper , do more laundry

wed night...(one of the following was EVERY week) help kid get talk up that you forgot to do earlier in the week, get your own talk up, get husbands talk up , study kingdom ministry with kids clean up kitchen and personal bible reading...

thursday morning .. read text with kids, send them off to school, get husband off to work , hide from the phone cuz there's too much housework to be done to go out in service today.

thursday afternoon.. get clothes laid out for meeting, gather books up,get kids bathed and keep them clean till meeting time, cook dinner

thursday night.. get kids ready, get husband ready, get self ready, go to meeting.. avoid eye contact with any sister who may be seeking out emergency householder fill in... get kids home, homework done, snack ,make sure dishes are done, personal bible reading, bed..

Friday morning .. read text with kids, send them off to schol , get husband off to work, go meet for service, get with the old ladies who just want to do an hour of return visits...

Friday afternoon, get groceries, get home before kids, read most recent watchtower and awake so i can prepare kids for family service saturday

Friday night, wait for husband to get home to figure out if he made plans you dont know of with his buddies at the hall last night.. fix supper or hurry up and get kids ready (or get babysitter) and have dinner.. get kids to do homework,make sure they're presentation is ready for service,make sure dishes are done, do personal bible reading..sleep...

saturday morning... drag kids out of bed.. NO YOU CANT WATCH CARTOONS... dress them, try to drag husband out of bed..if successful the whole family go out for morning service..if not, you take all kids out for morning service..

saturday afternoon.. get home from service, do housework, find husband and fulfill what ever plans he has..

saturday night... fix meal, feed family , do dishes ..bathe kids, lay out clothes for sunday meeting, family watchtower study (with or without husband) personal bible reading.

sunday morning.. drag everyone out of bed.. fix breakfast..get everyone ready , get to hall before meeting starts (hopefully)

sunday afternoon... meet for service, go to lunch, help husband get presentation ready quickly, go for hour of service so husband can get time in..

sunday night... get stuff ready for dry cleaners or laundry for monday, get kids ready for school, husband ready for work , personal bible reading..bed...

THEN add in a part time OR full time job for mom..still get the above done, run kids to and from their activities, be available when elders call and need you to do this or that, take care of extended family obligations , 3 assemblies a year and one or two special assembly days..2 weeks of CO visits that throw everything out of whack, memorial and help hostess elder schools, pioneer school, feed a speaker once a month, socialize somewhere..dont DARE be sick and have to play catch up......deal with sitting in meetings and assemblies being told to DO MORE, support husband who is trying to "reach out" ,and try to be submissive and STILL accomplish all the above..

gawd i'm tired just remembering

• acadian
    acadian
    Tues night: Drive over to an almost inactive Brother's house to conduct the book study. Prepared questions for the children ahead of time. The answer was always 'God's Organization'!

That wasn't my house was it? lol... had the bookstudy at my house for 10 yrs, the last couple of yrs I was pretty inactive. The reason I had meetings at my house was, I didn't have to go anywhere...LOL Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit