Intelligent Design

by M*A*S*H 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Hello Chaps

I've been away... but now I'm back to 'troll the place up'.

A long time ago my brother and I had a little gentlemen's bet. By 'brother' I mean biological. By 'gentlemen' I mean unbelieving dead men walking. So anyway... the bet was that evolution will be accepted by the borg before the decade is out.

From time to time I like to grill my dub parents about any new 'light' on the subject, but alas the 'holey' spirit seems to of let me down; or so I thought. Whilst pursuing the official dub site I started to notice some familiar looking expressions from the wonderful world of Intelligent Design! There are even some nice little quotes from pro ID discredited disgraced nut job professors, hurrah!

I just love 'irreducible complexity', it send shivers of pleasure down my spine when reading at http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/6/22/article_03.htm... The other parts of the article are http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/6/22/article_01.htm and http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/6/22/article_02.htm

I reckon I'm on to a winner... looks like my brother will be going to the memorial 2010!

I'm not exactly sure how they would make such massive change in doct-urine, probably the same way the 'generation' thing went down. "Welcome to the Watchtower Study, hey lets talk about the word 'generation'... Brother 2 of 9, please read the paragraph 'Millions Living Then Are Already Dead, Ooops'".

My personal view is they'll say something like 'The bible said that G created the earth - but we kinda believe in the big bang, so maybe G set the creation in motion, perhaps guiding it a bit... just like evolution... just like we've always said... AMEN, a bit like when G built the pyramids as the great Tazer once said'.

What do you guys think? Do ya think they'll go for Evolution eventually?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Do ya think they'll go for Evolution eventually?

I think Watchtower will disintegrate before accepting anything like!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The only doctrinal changes the wts ever make are ones that are more or less forced on them by the passage of time, like the generation change. The gb wouldn't admit evolution is right at gunpoint.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    please read the paragraph 'Millions Living Then Are Already Dead, Ooops'".

LMAO!

Nah, they'll never go for evolution. They are quite adept at believing anything irregardless of the facts.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I don't think they have to. In their latest article they carefully steer the discussion away from any real science, instead focussing on testimony of those with a college degree. I think they have wisely (for them) given up on trying to prove evolution wrong and realized the debate has nothing to do with science - it is about faith, and the existence of God should remain a matter of faith.

In the article they present arguments that are very good for those who base their decisions on emotion, appealing to a universal awe of creation that nearly everyone has. This argument works with most of their audience and future converts (Central/South Americans) since those potential converts place more faith in the supernatural than in the simply "natural."

Continuing along these lines with any future articles will spare the Society from having to approach the absolutes of evolution vs. creation... so again, they won't have to ever go for evolution, regardless of any new scientific understanding (as is proven by the recent milestones in radiocarbon dating technology).

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I gotta agree with Dan-p on this one. "Ignore it and it will go away" is their mantra.

In fact, I wouldn't have posted at all, but I had to LOL at:

doct-urine

Hee hee! Love it!

Dave

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Oh dear :o(

Perhaps it is I, who will be attending the Memorial 2010.

My pet idea is dying a death. Doubters be damned! I'm gonna join the Scientologist just to spite you all.

• headmath
    headmath

We all come from dinosaur eggs. I saw some 365 million year old dino eggs on the weekend and it brought back memories.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Do ya think they'll go for Evolution eventually?

Nope.. not completely. But it wouldn't surprise me if they admitted that "micro" evolution exists. You can't deny it, but people who usually make a distinction between "micro" and "macro" evolution don't realize that they are the same thing. So called macro-evolution is basically micro-evolution over a longer period of time!

• Arthur
    Arthur

No way. They would print an article saying that J.F. Rutheford was a closet drag-queen before they would ever take the evolution plunge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit