Poor Witnesses

by KW13 16 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

My mum managed to secure a reasonable paying Job, it asked that she worked basically full time till the New Year because the place has just opened but it would give her a pension (instead of trying to live off a small state pension) when she is older, and there are a few nice 'perks' including Staff discounts.

Well, despite her managing to get the job while many failed to secure a position, and managing to get through the different interviews and processes she will now drop the job, before she even does the training, yet alone starting it because the wife of an elder on the phone convinced her to take up her daughters 'ironing round' and also give herself more free time, for Jehoover things - although she mentioned my mums health and asked if she had energy to do that.

Anyway, while i was sat next to mum she said "yeh, i can't see this system lasting much longer" - a stupid gambol i think, its all based on chance.

I shouted at her after, i said why are you doing this? you need to secure your future, because you don't know what might go wrong with this ironing round thingy and its going to mean travelling to peoples homes, you may lose customers and not gain them, and then i asked how long she's known about 'the witnesses' and we worked out, that since 1985 to now, she came from being disfellowshipped in 1996, meaning for at least 10 years she has been waiting for this end of the system...a long time eh?

• heathen
    heathen

that's the witness life alrightty. The do everything with the belief that the "new system" will bail them out of financial difficulty .We know the organization won't lift a finger to help even tho they claim to be placed by God over all his earthly followers . They'd sooner try to find a reason to give you the boot than make sure you have a roof over your head and some food on the table .

• kimoko
    kimoko

You have got to be kiddin me! shes given up the job? she was really excited about it as was your step dad that is bollocks.

What is it with like the JWs trying to pursade people not to succeed in life, its like all them people at the convention were like oo i give up my uni course to do bugga all in the name of jehovah-bob! Its poo.

Im really sorry to hear that karlos! its gay how the witnessing is even effecting that never mind everything else. I mean it would have been good for her coz of like the amount of hours she had the ability to work over christmas and this ironing round doesnt sound reliable a little like a liability to me. Atleast she can borrow your step dadstrouser press maybe he could teacher her how to get a perfect crease down the pant leg....gah that is annoyin

• KW13
    KW13

do you mind moving my stepdads name outta ya post? nothing personal, but i will only reveal my identity not theirs on the internet.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

KW13,

I called my dad after we sold our house. We had some equity left, enough I figured to last my family a few years, even if I quit my job, so my wife and I could pioneer.

He, also being a JW, said, "Hold on, son. Your family comes first. Let ones with less responsibility do that." Turned out to be good advice. The year was --

Fats

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Oh well KW, that's the dub mentality for ya - no point in "laying up treasures" on earth etc.

Doesn't it make you feel like shaking them when they do stuff like this, to try to bring them to their senses?

• KW13
    KW13
    KW13,

I called my dad after we sold our house. We had some equity left, enough I figured to last my family a few years, even if I quit my job, so my wife and I could pioneer.

He, also being a JW, said, "Hold on, son. Your family comes first. Let ones with less responsibility do that." Turned out to be good advice. The year was --

Fats

ah, yeh cos around that time the hype of 1975 would of been building up, a lot of people did what you nearly did!

Oh well KW, that's the dub mentality for ya - no point in "laying up treasures" on earth etc.

Doesn't it make you feel like shaking them when they do stuff like this, to try to bring them to their senses?

yeh! i really do wanna shake her lol btw thanks megan

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Kimoko,

KW13 gave you a request and I think you should honor it. Get ahold of one of the admins and have that person delete your post -- or at least certain names.

Respectfully,

Fats

ps: KW13, you probably can request the same

• KW13
    KW13

she has now

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

My wife had an ironing round, and she practically struggled. One week she had tons of work. Next few weeks nothing at all. Most weeks we were living off my wage, with the overtime included. I lost the overtime, and we struggled financially on my basic wage. Within two weeks she got herself a new job, along with a college course. I just wish they'd keep their noses out of peoples business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit