Poor Witnesses

by KW13 16 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

that, is how its like in our home almost at the moment. things are kinda difficult.

• luna2
    luna2

God, KW, what a shame. Maybe she'll change her mind before she actually dumps the good job.

The ironing thing sounds a bit like the house cleaning jobs so many sisters would take up around here. I did it for a while too. People would cancel with no notice, then you'd have to put a add in the paper to try to fill your time. Then, next thing you know, you'd get too many calls and not be able to take all the jobs. it was difficult to take a vacation too...or to be sick cuz there was no one else to do your work so the wages were lost. And then there's the bad checks (fortunately, I didn't get many of those). Its a lot more stress than you think its going to be at first.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

KW13

Have you ever thought of moving out. To get a way from the watchful eye. Like move to parts afar. The UK has a great number of areas of the world under their flag. Then things like their job opertunities would bother you less.

Uwuf

• KW13
    KW13
    God, KW, what a shame. Maybe she'll change her mind before she actually dumps the good job.

The ironing thing sounds a bit like the house cleaning jobs so many sisters would take up around here. I did it for a while too. People would cancel with no notice, then you'd have to put a add in the paper to try to fill your time. Then, next thing you know, you'd get too many calls and not be able to take all the jobs. it was difficult to take a vacation too...or to be sick cuz there was no one else to do your work so the wages were lost. And then there's the bad checks (fortunately, I didn't get many of those). Its a lot more stress than you think its going to be at first.

i really hope she does change her mind, its not too late yet and its still Sunday (late but all the same Sunday)

KW13

Have you ever thought of moving out. To get a way from the watchful eye. Like move to parts afar. The UK has a great number of areas of the world under their flag. Then things like their job opertunities would bother you less.

Uwuf

i plan to spend at least a year abroad at some point, it may be in 6 months or 6 years but its an experience i def. wanna get!
  • uwishufish
    uwishufish

KW13

I hope to do a fact finding trip to the USVI to see if I can live there. To make this happen I have WRITEN goals with dates. This is how your thoughts are turned into physical exsistance. WRITE your goal of traveling abroad down. This way it will be a thought that will not disapear from exsistance. Use your writen goals to plan your future.

Just a thought.

Uwuf

• KW13
    KW13
    KW13

I hope to do a fact finding trip to the USVI to see if I can live there. To make this happen I have WRITEN goals with dates. This is how your thoughts are turned into physical exsistance. WRITE your goal of traveling abroad down. This way it will be a thought that will not disapear from exsistance. Use your writen goals to plan your future.

Just a thought.

Uwuf

ah, a good idea...put my ideas into something i can view instead of letting them float in my head. thanks mate!

• apostawriter
    apostawriter

Hi. Yeah, I remember when I was about 13 (17 years ago) and I chose not to go to Florida for summer vacation, as a demonstration of my piousness. The logic was that I should be close to my family and congregation when the end came.

I don't miss anymore vacations.

And I was drilled with all that 'higher education is dangerous' crap. It's a miracle I'm not afraid to open a book.

daniel

author of Tattoo This Madness In

www.DFmeNOW.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit