Kingdom Hall Duties

by KW13 31 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13
    long sister comments ---hahaha, you guys crack me up. Someday when this is all over I really should visit a hell.

no no seriously, don't visit a hall, hell is better! them damn sisters, the brothers were better...

I had the really difficult job of adjusting the mic stand , towards the end i would make it too low or too high

that had to be the worst job - how dull! and if ya missed a beat a bro would run up and do it instead, wanting to look good, never did it for me or a real brother, just the C.O to get a 'well done son'

• kid-A
    kid-A

I used to do mics and sound booth duty for several years. Honestly, at the time I loved it, ANYTHING to take my mind off the droning dimwits spewing the watchtower propaganda on stage. At the very least it was something to do and allowed for some lower limb circulation! LOL. I was booted off this once they adopted a "no non-baptized helpers" policy. At which point I started sneaking down to the library and/or the nearby donut store until it was over.

• luna2
    luna2
    KW whined..."them damn sisters, the brothers were better..."

Now, now, KW. I knew some brothers who gave a little sermon every time they answered. Of course, that's frowned upon now, from what I hear, as everybody is only supposed to repeat back from the paragraphs...oh, using their own words, of course.

• KW13
    KW13

it seems us dubs were doomed to fail from the start lol.

Now, now, KW. ; I knew some brothers who gave a little sermon every time they answered. ; Of course, that's frowned upon now, from what I hear, as everybody is only supposed to repeat back from the paragraphs...oh, using their own words, of course. ;

bet the wives made 'em do it

• luna2
    luna2
    KW amusingly quipped...bet the wives made 'em do it

Yeah, prolly wanted to wear the old blow hards out so they wouldn't talk so much at home.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Yep,
    Did mic duty and sound booth duty as well.
    Forscher

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Car Park ,microphones, sound, platform, magazines, literature, Hall Servant, Accounts, cleaning overseer. Elder , Circuit Assembly talks etc, etc

• morty
    morty

all they allowed me to do was clean the damn toilets!!!

I did ask many times to do the mic's like my brother's but, I was always told I did a better job cleaning!!

• magoo
    magoo

....ok stilla....now your just bragging

by the way............is that a picture of your wife......girlfriend...........or just "wishful" thinking?

magoo

• KW13
    KW13
    Yeah, prolly wanted to wear the old blow hards out so they wouldn't talk so much at home.

only cos the women couldn't cope with more than one intelligent conversation per day, so they limit their intake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit