Kingdom Hall Duties

by KW13 31 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Did you ever do any?

I remember even though i was young, i was 'mature' and i got the priv. of doing Microphones on certain occasions, helped the brother doing carpark e.t.c

I used to hate Mic's at our hall, they had cable attached so you were always tripping over this huge cable, or a sister would have it in her hand, then pull it, so you'd end up with this thing around your legs, basically attaching you to her. They have wireless ones there now...damn i missed out! Also helped putting the micophones away.

Car Park was nearly always boring as hell, but beat sitting in the Kingdom Hall - some bro's used to play music if they couldn't pickup the meeting via the radio thingy, but it was often Kingdom Melodies

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I hated microphone duties. The worst thing about it was sister long boring answers would sit in the middle of a row, you had to bend over and stretch as she gave one of her long answers, while your arm is about to drop off. Car park was brilliant for the same reason as KW13 gave.

• KW13
    KW13
    you had to bend over and stretch as she gave one of her long answers, while your arm is about to drop off.

yeh some refused to take the mic, so you had to hold it!

• vitty
    vitty

Nope .....................im female

• KW13
    KW13

ah yeh, it used to frustrate me how women weren't allowed to do much else but clean, hoover and polish while the brothers got the neater jobs or 'cool ones' when doing DIY

• carla
    carla

Not being a jw, I remember in 4th & 5th grade we thought being an AV person was a privilege! Yep, got to get out of class and roll that movie projector to another class and thread it! wow. And jw's as adults find handling a mic a "privilege"? How about toilet duty? is that privilege too? Or is that a lowly duty for women?

• aoxo
    aoxo

yeay most of the sisters cleaned the bathrooms, they had the attitude like it was their speciality and they jumped on it. i hated mics too. if it was one of those long sister comments and they wouldn't hold the mic i would wave it around their mouths almost hitting them in the mouth with it until they grabbed it for me.

• KW13
    KW13
    yeay most of the sisters cleaned the bathrooms, they had the attitude like it was their speciality and they jumped on it. i hated mics too. if it was one of those long sister comments and they wouldn't hold the mic i would wave it around their mouths almost hitting them in the mouth with it until they grabbed it for me.

i would of loved to club some sisters in the face with a mic lol.

• carla
    carla

long sister comments ---hahaha, you guys crack me up. Someday when this is all over I really should visit a hell.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    They have wireless ones there now...damn i missed out!

Wireless microphones are used to only available on 4 different frequencies. If thats still the case all it would need is a cheap microphone and a few crystals to match it up and you could have a lot of fun from the car park......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit