Exodus Decoded tonight on History Channel

by purplesofa 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/series_showcase.jsp?EGrpType=Series&Id=17255036&NetwCode=THC

On at 8:00 Central time. The commericial says it gives scientific evidence of the 10 plagues and parting of the Red Sea. Should be interesting to see.

The story of the Exodus invokes an epic tale--Pharaohs and Israelites, plagues and miracles, splitting of the sea and drowning of an army, and Moses. It's at the heart of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. After much research--working with archaeologists, Egyptologists, geologists, and theologians--filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici concluded that the Exodus took place hundreds of years earlier than thought. With a new timetable, Jacobovici reexamined artifacts and discovered that the traditional consensus on the date was reached without reference to Judaic texts that record the oral traditions. When Jacobovici consulted these texts, they revealed names of people and places unknown to researchers until recently when extensive excavations in the Nile Delta took place. Teaming up with special effects designers, he created a unique digital experience of the Exodus. Blending archaeological findings with eye-catching effects, Jacobovici creates a virtual museum to showcase his discoveries. TVPG V cc

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

LA LA LAAAAAAAAA LA TE DA LA LALA

hate to hang around with no replys.........on such a killer thread too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you are having a wonderful sunday morning!

purps

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lol

i hate it when i make posts and no one replies!! happens to all of us..

i'll be watching this probably, discovery channel, history channel etc are the only channels that have new programming on this time of year! everything else is reruns.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

THe crossing of the red sea, was really crossing the "reed sea" ...... reed sea was a marshy low area.

The egyptians did not drown, they were set up, and fought in an area where horses would have a hard time helping their army. Israelite army fought the egyptians shrewdly

• TopHat
    TopHat

I usually watch programs like that until it becomes so much BS, then I change the channel!

• KW13
    KW13

wish i could watch it, but we don't have that channel on our TV

lemme know how it goes!

Regards

Karl the thread saver

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Regards

Karl the thread saver

thanks!!!

You know I really do not care of Exodus is decoded.......

I don't know what I was thinking.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

i have been burning cds and got one stuck in the drive and it will not come out.........

any suggestions!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I burn my CD's outside in a pile.

Seriously though, if you slam your computer against a wall, things often come out.

j

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Seriously though, if you slam your computer against a wall, things often come out.

I used to hit my old one with a hammer........for about a year and it always fixed what was wrong.

This is a new one and not ready to take the chance of losing it or fixing it!!!!

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit